Typical Days That Programs Interview (How to schedule work in advance)

Hi everyone.  I tried looking for the answer to this elsewhere on the site and maybe there really isn't one.  I am wondering if interviews typically take place during the week or on weekends.  Are there particular days during the week that interviews are more likely to be scheduled?  I was also curious how much lead time programs give on offering interviews (a couple weeks, a couple months?).  I have to schedule my work shifts about a month in advance and it isn't always easy to switch with someone if something comes up.  Any experience with this or input would be appreciated as the interview season is iminent.  Thanks!

Most of the school's I got interviews for gave me a notice about a month in advance while some were just a couple of weeks. Most were scheduled during the week though a couple were on Saturday. Most gave me a considerate amount of days/times to choose from in advance.

Every school should alert you at least a week in advance. I would tell your manager/boss right now that you're applying to PA school and that an interview could pop up anytime. I'm sure he/she will understand that the interview is more important than work.

Archived