DynaMed vs UpToDate

Does anyone have experience using both - pros, cons, one over the other? I am considering subscribing to one but was curious to hear about peoples' experiences with either or both. I only recently discovered DynaMed, so at this point I am leaning towards UpToDate. I would prefer a service that discovers the pathophys of conditions as well as Dx and treatment. Thanks in advance!

UpToDate eats DynaMed's shorts. Seriously. I've used both, and UpToDate is far more coherent and usable. You can get any information there, from pathophys to diagnosis to management to patient education info to pharmacology. The articles are clearly written and rather current.

DynaMed on the other hand, is a compendium of primary references, with a little bit of annotation. It's hard to get a general sense of anything, using DynaMed. The references are probably more current than UTD's, but without context and interpretation, of limited use. If you really want the latest published data on a topic, you can always look for it yourself in PubMed.

Good luck with your research!

Archived