2015-2016 Application Cycle

I received an email on May 20th saying they received my CASPA application. On September 18th, I received an interview offer. They provided me with a bunch of dates in October and November. I chose October 27th because I'll be out there already for the Hofstra interview on the 26th. I'll be driving out from Michigan, so I had to schedule the two interviews together to make it as convenient as possible. I'm not sure if I'll follow through with the interview if I get an offer somewhere else. If that's the case, hopefully it'll benefit someone else! Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! I interviewed at NYIT last year and was offered a spot, but declined due to getting into my first choice. I just wanted to make myself available if any of you have any questions about the interview day or interviews in general. I'd be happy to offer any tips/advice and help! Good luck!

Hi there! I received an e-mail today for an interview. Do you have any recommendations of where to stay or fly in from? I know some hotels cater to the students who are in town and wanted to know if there were any of those around here. Also, any tips for the interview! Thank you!

I got the email today for an interview! my date is November 6 (I live in Florida and need time to make the plans) anyone with any recommendations on where to stay is helpful!

Best of luck to all!

I also chose November 6th! I am still waiting to hear back from other interviews and also am not sure if i will still go to this one if i get in to the other schools. Can anyone provide insight on the benefits of going to a 3 year program at NYIT instead of a  2 year somewhere else? What sets NYIT apart? 

Hi everyone! I chose a Nov 6th interview slot however I can no longer make this slot; is there anyone with date that is willing to change perhaps? Or is anyone aware how this process works? I am scared, because the website says multiple times that once we pick a date, we can not change it. Please help! Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

tnems I just cancelled my October 27th interview, as I was accepted to another program last week. You might want to try emailing pa@nyit.edu to see if you can take that date. They were super friendly when I emailed them (even though I was notifying them of a cancellation) so I don't think it would hurt to ask :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived