Not to be a buzzkill but the last interview is March 8th. I interviewed 2 years ago. And was told after that interview I didn't do so well in the interview but should be granted an interview the following year (2015) I only applied to Western and I never got an interview last year. Unfortunately, it's kinda late to be invited for an interview. Last year I kept calling and emailing. It really sucks bc they don't even decline you till after they send out their wait lists and acceptances. I don't want to upset you buy in my opinion, last year, I wish someone would have told me that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you remember how long last year after March 8th did it take for them to send you an email of your rejection?

Thank you by the way for giving us the heads up. I am sorry you were strung along last year. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How did you guys do on your interviews yesterday?? I didn't get an interview invite myself, so I'm rooting for my forum friends LOL   Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello all! I am a current first-year student at WesternU MSPA program. It has been a wild 12 weeks so far, but I absolutely love this school and the program. Hopefully, I'll see some of you here next

futurepa...maybe I am currently a student at Western U and I'll tell you right now that my GPA wasn't very good from my undergrad (3.25). I did retake a few classes but overall I think it was my exper

Do you remember how long last year after March 8th did it take for them to send you an email of your rejection?

Thank you by the way for giving us the heads up. I am sorry you were strung along last year. 

Last year, I got my rejection from Western on 01/16/2015. I emailed them about my status and on 01/20/2016, they replied saying my file is still under review and no decision has been made. So perhaps either this year they are a bit behind schedule or my application looks better than my first one. A friend of mine who submitted around the same time as me already got an interview. 

I got my rejection a few days after everyone started posting that they got their acceptances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, I got my rejection from Western on 01/16/2015. I emailed them about my status and on 01/20/2016, they replied saying my file is still under review and no decision has been made. So perhaps either this year they are a bit behind schedule or my application looks better than my first one. A friend of mine who submitted around the same time as me already got an interview.

When did you submit your app this year? Yeah I emailed Michael again so we shall see what he says this time around... When I emailed him in February he said the exact same thing that my application was still under review and that no decisions have been made yet. Hope they aren't stringing me along. I'd rather just get the bad news now and get it over with haha.

In regards to those who have still not received a rejection nor interview invite I emailed Michael (my admissions guy for Western). I asked him if March 8th was indeed the final interview date and that seeing as I didn't get an invite for that date that must mean I have been rejected. This was his reply:

"

The admissions committee may open up a later interview date if the class is not full.  We will notify you of the admissions committee’s decision once it has been made.  If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me"

So once again wishy washy answer. So of course I called this time around with more questions. I feared that this must mean that the committee hasn't even touched my application because surely they would have rejected me by now. In short, he reassured me that the admissions committee has indeed reviewed my application but that they haven't made a decision on it. I asked if this meant I was on some sort of waiting list and he said he wasn't sure. 

My two cents is that they are holding my application status hostage in case they don't fill all the spots by March 8th. hahaha Which I am ok with. 

I can only hope at this point that after March 8th they will still have a few spots open for more interviews. 

AKA: still inconclusive and still stressed out haha

• Upvote 1

In regards to those who have still not received a rejection nor interview invite I emailed Michael (my admissions guy for Western). I asked him if March 8th was indeed the final interview date and that seeing as I didn't get an invite for that date that must mean I have been rejected. This was his reply:

"

The admissions committee may open up a later interview date if the class is not full.  We will notify you of the admissions committee’s decision once it has been made.  If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me"

So once again wishy washy answer. So of course I called this time around with more questions. I feared that this must mean that the committee hasn't even touched my application because surely they would have rejected me by now. In short, he reassured me that the admissions committee has indeed reviewed my application but that they haven't made a decision on it. I asked if this meant I was on some sort of waiting list and he said he wasn't sure. 

My two cents is that they are holding my application status hostage in case they don't fill all the spots by March 8th. hahaha Which I am ok with. 

I can only hope at this point that after March 8th they will still have a few spots open for more interviews. 

AKA: still inconclusive and still stressed out haha

I am in your same boat! Some of my friends have already been rejected so I feel like I'm in limbo, but not I have a little shred of hope .. Which can definitely be a bad thing sometimes, but hey.. Here's to us getting IV invites!

• Upvote 1

When did you submit your app this year? Yeah I emailed Michael again so we shall see what he says this time around... When I emailed him in February he said the exact same thing that my application was still under review and that no decisions have been made yet. Hope they aren't stringing me along. I'd rather just get the bad news now and get it over with haha.

My application was received 10/06/16. I submitted on 9/28/15.

Thanks, jrgilpatrick. Based off of last year's forum, it does seems like it could be March 11th or so this year if it follows the exact same pattern. 

I was just wondering if they gave any new info to the interviewees at the more recent late February interviews. 

Guest Marina Zanzarini

Not necessarily. They said if we didn't hear anything by mid April, we should contact them, but that they were expecting to release the final results about a week after the final interview (which is still the 8th, for now). So, best case scenario we will learn the results by the 15th, (make that 18th because it is a Friday), and worst case scenario we will need to wait until the end of the month.

I emailed them yesterday and they let me know that they still haven't reviewed applications with GPAs below a 3.34 (I'm at 3.33 science and 3.32 cumulative). I hope this info helps some of you.

Anything below 3.3 must be their cutoff? I have a 3.5 cumulative and a 3.5 prereq (according to my calculations) my science is weak. I think its like 3.2. But they said my application had been recviewed but that they just haven't decided what to do.

Maybe those who haven't been reviewed at all are those who are overall 3.3 or lower?

• Upvote 1

I'm interviewing on the 8th! Wish I would've found this thread earlier

Good luck !!! Let us know if they mention whether there will be additional interview dates. As far as we've heard tomorrow may be the last day. Hope your interview goes well !!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1