2015-2016 app cycle

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow 2/4/15. I'll post again as soon as I hear anything from them. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Good luck everyone!

Also, my stats for futurePA...maybe:

cumulative GPA: 3.67

Science GPA:3.3

HCE: 5,000 hours

volunteer exp: approx 1,000 hours.

But I have been desperately struggling to find any PA to shadow and still nothing... :( (I called over 40 different PAs and was declined every time) If anyone knows of any PA in the San Fernando Valley or LA area that is willing to let me shadow them, I'd be more than appreciative.

Oh I'm sorry! I just happened to be next to my book from my interview date so I just put what was in there. They must have changed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to be sorry about jrgilpatrick.  That is why are all here....to help each other out and provide our support in our dream of becoming a PA.  Good luck to you on your interview.  you will do great.

So my GPA is too low you think?

Well time will tell. Checking my email everyday all day for any news... The torture.

ckatie,

If you haven't heard anything yet, I think that is more good than bad at this point because rejections have already been sent out. WesternU completely replaces old grades w/ any retaken grades so be sure to take that into consideration; also, take a look at your prerequisite GPA, and see if that is around the range of your other GPAs as well. I think our class cutoff last year was a 3.28. I know of some people who have received interview invites w/in the last 1-2 weeks or so w/ GPAs in the lower 3.3 range. Good luck!

Best,

PrheePA

Congratulations to all who have received interview invites! I am scheduled for my interview on Friday, Feb. 5th! Looking forward to meeting you if you are also scheduled on this day!...For those who are still waiting, hang in there!!!

Best of luck to all! :)

Hey! Congratulations. I am also scheduled to interview on Feb. 5th. Where are you from? I flew from Miami, Florida last night and staying at the hotel near Ontario Airport. 

That definitely makes me feel a whole lot better. Thank you for the reassurance and silver lining (: My prereq GPA I believe is a 3.4 so I feel I'm barely within the safe zone haha let's hope I get that interview!

ckatie,

If you haven't heard anything yet, I think that is more good than bad at this point because rejections have already been sent out. WesternU completely replaces old grades w/ any retaken grades so be sure to take that into consideration; also, take a look at your prerequisite GPA, and see if that is around the range of your other GPAs as well. I think our class cutoff last year was a 3.28. I know of some people who have received interview invites w/in the last 1-2 weeks or so w/ GPAs in the lower 3.3 range. Good luck!

Best,

PrheePA

I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow 2/4/15. I'll post again as soon as I hear anything from them. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Good luck everyone!

But I have been desperately struggling to find any PA to shadow and still nothing... :( (I called over 40 different PAs and was declined every time) If anyone knows of any PA in the San Fernando Valley or LA area that is willing to let me shadow them, I'd be more than appreciative.

Best place to look is PASO.com that's where I got most of my hours!

Good luck everyone!

Best place to look is PASO.com that's where I got most of my hours! A lot of mine were in Orange county, antelope valley, San diego... So you gotta be willing to drive!

Wow. Ok. Looks like I'll be driving. Thanks for the tip! And 3.4 is an excellent GPA. I wouldn't be worried about that being too low. And they told us today that there are still 4 interview days left including tomorrow. I'm sure that during this time, people are getting acceptance offers, so there's a good chance that they might decline their interview at Western. So, hang in there. There's still plenty of time. They told us that nobody would recieve early acceptance letters, but that everyone would hear back after March 8th at the earliest. And we would hear back in email no matter what. Accepted, waitlist, or non-accepted.

Wow. Ok. Looks like I'll be driving. Thanks for the tip! And 3.4 is an excellent GPA. I wouldn't be worried about that being too low. And they told us today that there are still 4 interview days left including tomorrow. I'm sure that during this time, people are getting acceptance offers, so there's a good chance that they might decline their interview at Western. So, hang in there. There's still plenty of time. They told us that nobody would recieve early acceptance letters, but that everyone would hear back after March 8th at the earliest. And we would hear back in email no matter what. Accepted, waitlist, or non-accepted.

I still haven't recieved any email, rejection nor interview offer... Let's just hope they rip the band aid off soon for me. It's killin me! Lol

Congrats to all of you! It really is amazing to see how much you guys have progressed through the application process from when the thread first started (I creeped on you all, sorry!!) I am currently an undergrad as CSULA and I'm leaning towards being a PA but my gpa isn't the best from when i was at a community college and I'm worried it'll ultimately ruin my chances of ever getting into a program. Do you guys mind sharing your stats? Or any advice? Thanks!! And once again, congrats for making it this far!!!

Sup futurePA, your chances are high if you shine during your personal statement and impress everyone that you are crossing paths with from this time on (so they can brag about you in the LORs). I was a transfer student too and my gpa was 3.8 however my university gpa was 2.9. I was obviously concerned about that, but for some reason I received plenty of interviews after I submitted my app because I worked really hard after I received my bachelor. Provided an IMHO brilliant personal statement lol and read my LORs. Those definitely masked my low university GPA.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear on an interview invite after being waitlisted last cycle. Any ideas why it's taking longer? I got my interview invite last cycle Jan. 28th...

Hi jondahl5,

I'm still waiting to hear back too for an interview but I only applied this cycle, not last. I turned in my app Oct. 12th so I'm sure I'll be one of the last to know anything. But yes, it's March now, literally can be any day. ):

Still waiting to hear on an interview invite after being waitlisted last cycle. Any ideas why it's taking longer? I got my interview invite last cycle Jan. 28th...

Not to be a buzzkill but the last interview is March 8th. I interviewed 2 years ago. And was told after that interview I didn't do so well in the interview but should be granted an interview the following year (2015) I only applied to Western and I never got an interview last year. Unfortunately, it's kinda late to be invited for an interview. Last year I kept calling and emailing. It really sucks bc they don't even decline you till after they send out their wait lists and acceptances. I don't want to upset you buy in my opinion, last year, I wish someone would have told me that.

Not to be a buzzkill but the last interview is March 8th. I interviewed 2 years ago. And was told after that interview I didn't do so well in the interview but should be granted an interview the following year (2015) I only applied to Western and I never got an interview last year. Unfortunately, it's kinda late to be invited for an interview. Last year I kept calling and emailing. It really sucks bc they don't even decline you till after they send out their wait lists and acceptances. I don't want to upset you buy in my opinion, last year, I wish someone would have told me that.

When I contacted them in February they said interviews can go as late as April this year. I don't know if that's just something they are saying because "you never know" and they don't want to be caught saying an exact date, but I'm not getting my hopes up this late in the game. If I don't hear anything by March 8th for an invite than that will leave me fairly certain that I will be rejected this year. And thats ok, just means I'll amp up my application for the next application cycle. But, until the fat lady sings, I am still gonna be checking for an invite. haha

Archived