2015-2016 app cycle

It helps to have experience as a scribe in a hospital because they train you, but it's not necessary. Typically you just need some medical terminology background. Anatomy is helpful too. I started in an ER and transitioned into a primary care office and love it. I learned so much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Curious though....bc I have read many schools do not count this as direct patient care hours. I use to scribe and have considered doing it again, but wasn't sure if it would be worth it if most schools didn't count the hours.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious though....bc I have read many schools do not count this as direct patient care hours. I use to scribe and have considered doing it again, but wasn't sure if it would be worth it if most schools didn't count the hours.

Depends on the school and exactly what your duties are as a scribe. I work kind of as an assistant to the doctor I work for, so I do things scribes typically don't like interpret labs, assist with procedures and exams.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Scribe is not direct patient care but the experience is pretty much shadowing. the experience and networking is worth it for me and I can't imagine that the programs don't count it for something. I was an EMT for 5 years and though I loved it, don't want to go back to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived