2015-2016 app cycle

For those of you who already got the interview. May I ask how long do we have for each questions? What kind of question do they ask (behavioral, ethical or situational)? Thank you very much and good luck to all :)

They sign non disclosure agreements and cannot give people that information or they risk losing their spot. Go to the info session if you can, the director gives a lot of information regarding what to expect.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 months ago I chose my interview date on January 27th and this morning I just received an email from the PA program director saying that interviews for that day has been cancelled. Now i'm left with either Jan 26th (limited availability) or Feb 24th....I'm like dying from anxiety because I still haven't heard back from the Dean himself. Does anyone who have their interview date on Jan 27th receive the same email as I did? 

2 months ago I chose my interview date on January 27th and this morning I just received an email from the PA program director saying that interviews for that day has been cancelled. Now i'm left with either Jan 26th (limited availability) or Feb 24th....I'm like dying from anxiety because I still haven't heard back from the Dean himself. Does anyone who have their interview date on Jan 27th receive the same email as I did? 

I have also received this same email! Glad to see I'm not the only one too. Looks like I will be interviewing on Feb 24th! 

I believe to a very small percentage. I think most acceptance come after they wrap up all the scheduled interviews. The same tactic as the many other programs that send out early acceptances to the few they love at the interview and then fill out the rest later.

Others, feel free to correct me if I'm a bit off. Thanks!

Guest Marina Zanzarini

I got my invitation this past Friday, for February 24th. According with the official MSPA Admissions Facebook page, there are 6 interview days left in this cycle (not counting today).

When I sat in one of the PA classes last year, some of the students said they got interview invitations up to the first week of March, so my best guess is that they will probably start sending out letters by the second week.

The current president of the 2017 class created a thread for those who are accepted into the 2018 class, and he also stated that 90% of the 2017 class got their invitations in March, and only 10% got it early. That means that only 10 people will get early invitations! Hang in there people!

I hope to see you all in August!

I got my invitation this past Friday, for February 24th. According with the official MSPA Admissions Facebook page, there are 6 interview days left in this cycle (not counting today).

When I sat in one of the PA classes last year, some of the students said they got interview invitations up to the first week of March, so my best guess is that they will probably start sending out letters by the second week.

The current president of the 2017 class created a thread for those who are accepted into the 2018 class, and he also stated that 90% of the 2017 class got their invitations in March, and only 10% got it early. That means that only 10 people will get early invitations! Hang in there people!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share that info with us. Good luck

What is the FaceBook page website?? I follow the page but must have missed it or it's different.

Guest Marina Zanzarini

What is the FaceBook page website?? I follow the page but must have missed it or it's different.

In the last picture they posted on the page, of a few candidates waiting for their interview, they mentioned 6 days of interviews left. It was nothing official.

Last year the final interview date was on March 4th and by March 6th, they let everyone know whether they were accepted or not. The amount of interview dates left is only known by the admissions committee.  Everything else is only speculation on our part. 

So the time line should be about the same this year.  Hang in there guys.

Good luck to everyone.

Congrats to all of you! It really is amazing to see how much you guys have progressed through the application process from when the thread first started (I creeped on you all, sorry!!) I am currently an undergrad as CSULA and I'm leaning towards being a PA but my gpa isn't the best from when i was at a community college and I'm worried it'll ultimately ruin my chances of ever getting into a program. Do you guys mind sharing your stats? Or any advice? Thanks!! And once again, congrats for making it this far!!!

Congrats to all of you! It really is amazing to see how much you guys have progressed through the application process from when the thread first started (I creeped on you all, sorry!!) I am currently an undergrad as CSULA and I'm leaning towards being a PA but my gpa isn't the best from when i was at a community college and I'm worried it'll ultimately ruin my chances of ever getting into a program. Do you guys mind sharing your stats? Or any advice? Thanks!! And once again, congrats for making it this far!!!

futurepa...maybe I am currently a student at Western U and I'll tell you right now that my GPA wasn't very good from my undergrad (3.25). I did retake a few classes but overall I think it was my experiences that really got me my interview then my interview that got me in! Keep your head up! :) 

Hi all, It is already February and I still haven't received any news on whether I have been rejected or offered an interview for Western. I have a 3.5 cGPA and a 3.3 sGPA... I have 1300 HCE and 30 pa shadowing hours as well as roughly 200 hours of volunteer.... Are things looking dim at this point for an interview?

Congrats to all the ones who received their interview dates!

I interviewed with some wonderful people on  jan 13th @ 7:30 am. FYI. This is the only place i have interviewed where the majority were girls and only 2 guys. Moreover, I interviewed with people from all over including a person from Alaska. It was a great experience. Has anyone that interviewed on that day heard anything back? 

Good luck everyone. 

Hi all, It is already February and I still haven't received any news on whether I have been rejected or offered an interview for Western. I have a 3.5 cGPA and a 3.3 sGPA... I have 1300 HCE and 30 pa shadowing hours as well as roughly 200 hours of volunteer.... Are things looking dim at this point for an interview?

Congrats to all the ones who received their interview dates!

Feb 24th is the last interview date. The next interviews are tmrw, Thursday then the 23/24th. They go based on GPA for interviews. They may have had a high cut off this year. Last year they stopped at 3.4 from what they told me. Hopefully they still have some interviews to send out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24th is the last interview date. The next interviews are tmrw, Thursday then the 23/24th. They go based on GPA for interviews. They may have had a high cut off this year. Last year they stopped at 3.4 from what they told me. Hopefully they still have some interviews to send out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is incorrect jrgilpatriick.  The last interview date is on March 8th. 

Archived