2015-2016 app cycle

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all! I am a current first-year student at WesternU MSPA program. It has been a wild 12 weeks so far, but I absolutely love this school and the program. Hopefully, I'll see some of you here next year.

Going off of last year's timeline, I didn't receive an interview invite until mid December. WesternU has a "non-rolling" style of applications, so they don't review and make decisions regarding most of the applications until after the deadline, which should be today (unless dates have changed from last year). Hang tight, believe in yourself, and good luck to you all.

Hello all! I am a current first-year student at WesternU MSPA program. It has been a wild 12 weeks so far, but I absolutely love this school and the program. Hopefully, I'll see some of you here next year.

Going off of last year's timeline, I didn't receive an interview invite until mid December. WesternU has a "non-rolling" style of applications, so they don't review and make decisions regarding most of the applications until after the deadline, which should be today (unless dates have changed from last year). Hang tight, believe in yourself, and good luck to you all.

Thanks for the info !!! Tell Casey Yin that Patti (from caduceus club) said hi :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi PRheePA,

Thanks so much for the information! Could I ask you a bit about your acceptance as well? Such as about how long was the time for you personally between your invite and your interview? And how long between your interview and acceptance? I would very much appreciate this additional info... Thank you!

I'm so nervous!!! It would have been nice to know what they found for recalculated GPAs.

good luck to us all!

It is easy to recalculate your GPA yourself.  Just replace the grade with the repeated course and recalculate.  Do a google search and there are many tools available to help you calculate your GPA.  In this way you will not have to worry or wonder about what your re-calculated GPA is going to be.

Just relax and in the next month until February you will get a notification of your application status- just have to be patient and hope for the best.

Unit then good luck to all.

Thanks for the info !!! Tell Casey Yin that Patti (from caduceus club) said hi :)

Patti,

No problem, and awesome! I will tell her that.

Hi PRheePA,

Thanks so much for the information! Could I ask you a bit about your acceptance as well? Such as about how long was the time for you personally between your invite and your interview? And how long between your interview and acceptance? I would very much appreciate this additional info... Thank you!

elaman10,

Of course; anytime! The current second-years were gracious to us last year and helped us feel at ease so I am just passing along the favor! I don't have the exact dates with me, but from what I remember, I received an interview invite mid-December. I believe interviews are all held from late January to early March. I chose an interview date early February and received an acceptance ~2 weeks later. I believe almost all of the acceptances are sent out at the end of March (minus a select few). Like I stated earlier, WesternU MSPA admission style is non-rolling, so it is totally normal to hear responses from WesternU later than compared to the other SoCal schools. It does not matter how early or late you turned in your CASPA application. You all made it this far; take a deep breath. Completing the CASPA application is a major step, and you all did it. The next few months may be filled with anxiety (I know it was for me), but be confident in yourselves. As a side note, WesternU primarily communicates by e-mail. I am one of the people who likes to know everything as soon as it is available to me. If you are in the same boat, I would highly suggest linking your e-mail to your phone so that you know exactly when WesternU has sent an update about anything regarding the admissions process. Good luck, again!

I'm so nervous!!! It would have been nice to know what they found for recalculated GPAs.

good luck to us all!

Dr Peppa,

Like Workinghard stated, I would recommend calculating your new GPA with online tools!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I just got my invite too!!! Super excited Congratulation to all!!!

Picked Jan 12 Wed!!!

Did you get yours around 415 also? Just trying to figure out if they are being sent out gradually by last name possibly or if they all went out at the same time.

Archived