My name is Aura Amaris and I am currently working at a Neurology clinic as a medical assistant/scribe. I am currently looking for any Physician Assistant shadowing opportunities near Miami, Florida to gain exposure in the healthcare field and implement my knowledge of the different duties/role of a Physician Assistant.
I am looking forward to learning as much as possible and grow in my journey towards becoming a Physician Assistant. If you have any questions or know of any shadowing opportunities available please contact me.
The best way to reach me is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at my cellphone number: 786-763-6674.
Recent new graduate here. I just received an offer from a small private, moderately paced urgent care/primary care office and I have a few questions about some items in my contract. Not sure if the items are reasonable for PAs in my area and looking to get some feedbacks from actual PAs in practice rather than just my parents. Here are a few details of my contract:
- 18 month contract with required 90 days written notice of termination
- 96K salary with bump after completing "training CME" courses paid for by the practice. 17 weeks to complete the courses and salary will increase to 101K
- Productivity bonuses based on wRVUs and charts completed and coded within 48 hours
- PTO accrued based on time worked. Begin accruing PTO 1 month after completing 90 day introductory period. PTO is to be used for PERSONAL DAYS, SICK DAYS, and VACATION time. (contract states that in first 0-3 years I can accumulate up to 100 hrs/2.5 weeks PTO)
- Non-compete clause during employment and 12 months after termination. Cannot engage in primary, multi-specialty, urgent care offering similar services within a 2 mile radius of any clinics. (This can be kind of limiting for me due to the central location of the clinics in the city - I am considering a negotiation for this to be removed or possibly brought down to 1 mile)
- Still need clarification of type of malpractice insurance, but it is offered. (Not sure if I will require tail coverage yet but will be finding out)
- Multiple Heath insurance policies available but not covered 100% by practice. Most expensive policy will cost $162 Bi-weekly for employee coverage (No additional spouse or family coverage)
Additionally, I have a few concerns about orientation and training on site. Currently, both clinics have single provider coverage with experienced NPs. Will be asking tomorrow about my expectations for providing single-provider coverage and working on my own. Was told by employed NP that the providers at both clinics are in constant communication via phone and text. Also assures me that the Medical Director is often on site and always quickly answers phone calls and texts. Medical director seems very eager to teach but I still have concerns about his expectations for me as a new grad due to his experience with mainly experienced NPs.
ALSO, the salary is VERY tempting and I don't want to be blinded..
Thank you all for any help or feedback you can give!
I am president of the Pre-PA club at SFSU. I am looking for shadowing opportunities here in the Bay Area. If the PA allows, I would like to share this opportunity to my club to shadow during the breaks at SFSU. Please feel free to reach out to me on here or you can follow us/DM us @sfsuppas