Confused about when to apply.

I would apply as soon as the application opens up on the website, usually about a year before your start date (so late December/early January). As you mentioned they like to get the interviews going early with the first batch in February and it is definitely to your advantage to be in the front of the pack. Good luck!

I am also so confused.  On the CASPA page it says the start date is January 2016 but I was also under the impression that we are applying now for Jan 2017.  The website doesn't give actual dates and years.  This is what it says, "Admissions for each cycle are conducted on a rolling basis between May 1st and December 1st each year prior to the start date of classes."  On the Albany forum there are people who got accepted in Feb/March who are starting Jan 2016 so that seems impossible as the application cycle didn't open up until April 22, 2015.  Just want you to know that you aren't the only one who is scratching her head.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I will try to explain, I know how frustrating the application process to PA school is in general, understanding the application cycle is vital. So for Albany, the program starts every January only. Caspa opened April 22nd, 2015, meaning that if you were not applying in the 2014 cycle there is no way you would have been able to have CASPA even open before april. The people who were interviewed in February and March are people who already were in the caspa system and applied in December 2014. But if you created CASPA in april 2015 you still could apply for the class of 2016. Therefore, it was in your best interest to have your application done soon after CASPA opened like June, July, August. Right now, I believe they are interviewing for alternate spots, not sure though. The PA program at Albany is hands down the best organized program I have applied to, once your application is in they go above and beyond in helping you understand the process. I wouldn't hesitate to email the contact person on their website to ask a question, they are super nice.  I hope that helped. Good luck!! 

Hello,

I will try to explain, I know how frustrating the application process to PA school is in general, understanding the application cycle is vital. So for Albany, the program starts every January only. Caspa opened April 22nd, 2015, meaning that if you were not applying in the 2014 cycle there is no way you would have been able to have CASPA even open before april. The people who were interviewed in February and March are people who already were in the caspa system and applied in December 2014. But if you created CASPA in april 2015 you still could apply for the class of 2016. Therefore, it was in your best interest to have your application done soon after CASPA opened like June, July, August. Right now, I believe they are interviewing for alternate spots, not sure though. The PA program at Albany is hands down the best organized program I have applied to, once your application is in they go above and beyond in helping you understand the process. I wouldn't hesitate to email the contact person on their website to ask a question, they are super nice. I hope that helped. Good luck!!

Ok so... if we want to apply for January 2017 we need to already be applying now? I did call and talk to someone and she told me to apply in Jan 2016 for acceptance in Jan 2017. Is that wrong?

That's what I did in 2014 for Jan 2016 start date. It wasn't really inconvenient - I just did it along with the rest of my applications. But it sounds like you could still apply early 2016 for a later interview date. 

@rainonneptune. I think the class might be filled if that's how she responded so I would do what she said; to wait until December 2015 or January 2016 to designate Albany on CASPA and they will review your application for the January 2017 start date. I think like previous posts they interview as early as February for next class and it will be to your advantage. I hope that helps.

Archived