New job opening - the PAA

"I had to let all my female nurse practitioners go because we kept getting complaints from patients that only a nurse saw me today.  In fact we even fired our female Hospitalist physicians for the same reason," said Dr. Jensen.

"I had to let all my female nurse practitioners go because we kept getting complaints from patients that only a nurse saw me today.  In fact we even fired our female Hospitalist physicians for the same reason," said Dr. Jensen.

just this statement from the article made it sound troll as hell lol. 

Guest Paula

I actually quipped to the physician who is my SP and we share an office that I need to hire a PA to help me since I am seeing all his patients, since he is booked for 4 months out, and his patients must be seen.  So I need a PAA to help me build my own practice since my employer promised that I would be able to develop my own practice and patient following. Then, I also quipped that we need to hire more NPs since I am seeing all their patients too, so we need a nurse practitioners practitioner or NPP.

I was serious.  This was my suggestion about 2 weeks ago. 

Anyway, the article just about hits the nail on the head for how PAs are viewed.  I wonder if a PA wrote the spoof?

Archived