I have three more interviews but it's going to be tough to turn down LIU and living in NY! They're definitely at the top of my list!! Only thing I have to consider is cost of the program and cost of living.... anyone have an recommendations of places to live? 

Hi everyone, I'm currently debating whether I should still apply for LIU this cycle given that they do rolling admissions. Would you guys still recommend it this late into the cycle? 

I currently live in NYC and it's definitely expensive. Cost of living is on the rise too. Every year my rent has rose 15%. That being said, there are less expensive places to live but they are a bit distant. NYC has a lot of cultural and social benefits but I'm not sure if there will be enough time to enjoy it in PA school. In the end, it comes down to whether you can a) afford it and b) have the personality to handle a fast-paced city.

tommyding, I would definitely still apply! Their deadline isn't until January I believe so it's still early enough that it's worth a shot. You've got nothing to lose! 

Congratulations you guys!!! How exciting it must have been to receive acceptance to such a competitive program. For those accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? If you prefer, please DM me! Again, congratulations!!

Cumulative gpa 3.5 science 3.24

Undergrad in Spanish

Masters in Biomedical Sciences 3.9 GPA

GRE 304

CNA and medical assistant clinical experience

Thank you, Kadisha! Good luck to you

Sure!

Undergrad from boston university in human physiology

Cum GPA: 3.43

Science GPA: 3.43

Gre: 320

2100 hours as a CNA in cardiac surgery

Did anyone get an acceptance letter in the mail yet? I'm trying to send in my deposit but professor verity said the instructions were in this mysterious packet I haven't received yet...

Same here!! I haven't received the acceptance letter yet and was trying to put in my deposit. Robin Brizzi said to email her if it's not here by the end of the week. Talk about snail mail. Does this mean you're for sure going Haley?! :)

I only got my letter this week, it took almost exactly 3 weeks since I was told I was accepted.  Patience is a virtue when it comes to the LIU Admissions Dept...  Anyway, excited to be going to LIU!

I just received my acceptance packet a few days ago too. Now that the acceptance high has faded a bit, reality is starting to check in while I look up the cost of tuition and cost of living in Brooklyn. Any ideas on what to do to start preparing?

Good morning! So thankfully I have an interview scheduled for November 9th. Did you have to leave a voicemail on the phone number they provided on the email to confirm?

I left a voicemail to confirm too, is that enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a little nervous about only leaving a voicemail. I called them a couple more times until someone finally picked up lol 

I was a little nervous about only leaving a voicemail. I called them a couple more times until someone finally picked up lol

Yea that's how I feel, perhaps I'll do the same!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received a confirmation email regarding the interview scheduled for Monday, November 9th?