South College 2016 Start

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to get nervous as I see people have been starting to get emails about interviews. Is it an email from the school or is it through CASPA?

I hope I get an interviewwwwwwww. My grades are above the requirement but my gre sucked. Have a ton of house of HCE and great LOR. I even have the classes that are strongly suggested. Hope I'll be celebrating with you guys soon :(

The admissions process is definitely a true rolling admission. I know of plenty of people pulled off the wait list, and most of the people I've talked to were at later interview dates. Don't be concerned if you haven't heard anything yet. As far as I know, there's only been one round of interviews so far.

As for the interview process... Assuming everything is exactly the same as last year, you start with a brief intro to the school, then you are split into groups of three or four to interview with three or four professors. The types of questions asked vary widely depending on who you have. I know everyone says this, but truly just relax and be yourself. They will call you on your bull (most of them) because they honestly want to know who you are. After lunch you will be put in a classroom to take a medical terminology test. This has no impact on your admission, but it wouldn't hurt to prepare a little. The test wasn't particularly hard. Then, while you're waiting, current students will be there to tell you about Knoxville and the program, and answer any questions you might have. Ask them anything you can think of. They will give honest answers, and no one is going to tattle on you to the professors. You get called in one at a time to meet again with the same group who interviewed you, at which point they will tell you of you are in, waitlisted, or denied. Again, do not panic if you are waitlisted. Do what they tell you to improve your application and update the admissions office. They keep admitting people up to the day of orientation if other people drop out.

Archived