South College 2016 Start

Hello! I got accepted yesterday and just wanted to offer a few of my stats. I submitted my application 8/4/15 and was verified 8/17/15. I was offered an interview invite on 3/3/16 for my interview on 3/18/16. I believe they said they will still have two more interview dates in April and May. My overall science GPA was a 3.23, 1100 hours of health care experience, and 308 GRE. In the interview they wanted to see how well you handled stress when given a difficult question, how fast you could think on your feet, etc. This was the only and first school I interviewed at and I loved their interview process. They made you feel extremely comfortable and all of the staff genuinely cares and wants you to succeed. 

I was also accepted! They said my science GPA was really low (it was) I think my science GPA was around 3.0. So let this be a relief to some! They said that while my GPA was low, they could see that I was working full time and a student athlete and involved in multiple medical and community service organizations, showing that I could hand multi-tasking and performance under stress. I also have around 3000 paid direct hands on patient care experience. I would encourage everyone to get involved and to make sure that your interviewers know the whole story, not just the GPA, they are looking for well rounded individuals!

Anyone know what the facebook page for our class is?

Congrats to you both! I was also accepted! I haven't received any updates on the facebook page but heard we will be added once the current students create it! Have you heard anything else from South since acceptance? I know they said it would be within one week. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to you both! I was also accepted! I haven't received any updates on the facebook page but heard we will be added once the current students create it! Have you heard anything else from South since acceptance? I know they said it would be within one week. 

Congrats to those accepted! I was accepted as well and received my full acceptance packet yesterday in an email attachment, so just waiting to be added to the Fb page they mentioned :) So excited! 

Hi guys! I got accepted in January and I'm so excited to start and meet all of my future lovely classmates! As I am not a Tennessee native, can anyone tell me what banks are mainly used in Knoxville? I was doing some online googling and noticed that Chase Bank is not in TN? Please help me thanks :)

Has anyone received an interview for May 20th. Starting to lose hope. I haven't heard anything. I applied last minute in December. Also, I have the hours and the community service hours but my science GPA is really low. How do I boost that? Take some extra science classes this summer to get it up there? I graduated with my bachelors in 2006. PLEASE HELP

It is still entirely possible for you to receive an invitation for the May 20 interview.

In terms of improving your application, retaking courses can certainly help. How is your GRE score? A great recent GRE score can go a long way. Keep getting more hands-on patient contact, even if you already have enough. (Also, as previously noted, remember that actual patient care hours carry much more weight than working as a scribe.) Have you shadowed PAs? Try to get a few in different specialties. This is just beneficial overall, plus it can lead to really great letters of recommendation. Finally, take a look at your personal statement again. Did you show your passion and personality? They don't want intelligent robots, they want real people.

Thank you so much CSCH I really appreciate the feedback. I will look into shadowing PAs at the hospital Im currently work at. I work along side of Orthopedic PAs at the moment in the operating room. I picked up a few spring classes to help with my GPA. Wish I would have been more focused back in my younger days. ;) I do need to raise my GRE score as well. I have been studying for it and plan on retaking it. AGAIN THANK YOU!!!

Katie

Archived