South College 2016 Start

Crashley, I was thinking the same thing, but I just received that email today.  Also I had another question.  I was wondering what made everyone decide to apply here?  New programs make me nervous, but the last time I visited Knoxville I absolutely loved it, so I just had to apply.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cashlyn3,

I applied for a few reasons, I also love TN and have a lot of friends there for support. It also has some great clinical sites from what I have heard and the tri state medical area being within a few hours. I am a 28 year old applicant with a prior masters so I had the issue of some pre requisites aging out since I was in my masters program and did not retake the older classes. With this school I did not have any prerequisite issues.

Thats good to know about the clinical sites, I was a little concerned about that.  I'm from VA, so some of my top picks for school include Jefferson College, which is partnered with the ever growing Carillon Clinic hospital (which I currently work for as a CNA), and Shenandoah University which has good relations with several midsized local hospitals.  I'm only 20 years old, finishing up my undergrad a year early, so I've been pretty nervous about my age during this application process.  I've got invited for one interview so far, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

My supplemental was complete July 28th and received a confirmation email on Aug 12th stating application reviews begin in October and interviews begin in January

To those who received interviews, when was your supplemental app completed? I haven't really heard anything from them.

i applied too, but i have not heard anything from them. just an email saying they received my info 

"~~We have received your CASPA application, supplemental application and GRE Scores. 

The application review process will begin in October. Interviews will start in January 2016 and run through May.  The interview is a day-long process, with presentation of faculty and staff, group and individual interviews. The interview is the final step towards acceptance to our program.  Applicants selected  to interview will be notified 2-4 weeks before the interview date.

Due to the amount of applications we are receiving, we regret we cannot answer requests regarding the status of your application. Program enrollment is based on a rolling admission. 

Thank you again for your interest in our program."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived