Submitting with 2 LOR? Any help appreciated

Can we submit our CASPA application with 2 LORs and have the 3rd and 4th come at a later time? Will all programs be able to see these new letters? I ask because the person I asked for a LOR has not yet completed it yet and I am worried it is getting late in the cycle. One of the letters I am waiting on is from a PA so I am worried programs that require a PA LOR will reject my app if it does not have the PA LOR at the time I submit my application.

I was lurking the forums for an answer to my question and came across this:

From the FAQ:

In order for your application to have a status of “Complete” the following things must occur:

1. All official transcripts are posted to your CASPA application, EACH with a date received in your “Program Status” tab.

2. At least two of your references are listed as “completed” with a date completed in your status menu under “Evaluations.”

3. Your payment is marked as received under “Program Status.”

4. You have received e-mail confirmation that you submitted the application.

5. Your application Program Status menu reads as “Materials Received > Verifying”

6. You have been given a “Complete Date” which can be viewed on your application PDF.

You can E-submit your application with 2 LOR. As long as the last LOR comes in prior to the program's specific deadline then you will be fine. There are three different types of deadlines. Programs with verify deadlines are the ones you need to watch out for. Those programs require all LORs and transcripts to be processed by CASPA by that specific date. 

I'm not sure what you mean, most schools I am applying to give a CASPA deadline, do you have any examples of schools with the different types of deadlines? Thank you

Some schools will say your CASPA has to be verified by a certain date while others only require that CASPA be submitted by s certain date. You can submit CASPA but they may take 4-6 weeks to verify and require that most if not all information is finalized. Schools also usually have another deadline for supplemental apps. Sometimes it's the same as CAPSA or it may be month later. Know your deadlines for each program.

Review the FAQ for CASPA on the CASPA portal. It should have the most definitive info. What you posted was copied from there, but with the new version this year some things have changed from what you might read on this forum (unless it's a very recent posting, and from the CASPA staff).

Many schools are not inclined to pay attention to supplemental materials meant to be amended to an application at a later date.  The college where I did my prerequisites made an error on my transcripts, and sent an earlier version of it, where I hadn't completed the necessary coursework.  I caught it, and the school sent an update.

I did the CASPA a month later, and sent it to my schools of choice.  Within a week or two, I got a rejection letter from a program in the Northeast.  It seemed strange, as I was getting interviews from several other schools.  I wrote them, and asked why they rejected me, and I was told I hadn't met the prerequisites. 

I had, unless perhaps the addendum wasn't considered.  My advice to you is to make sure your application is as complete as possible when you submit it.

Yes, submit now - it will likely take a couple of weeks for the verification.

Remember, the deadline date is the LAST date the program will accept an application. BUT if they are using rolling admissions then they may have already done a number of interviews and already extended offers (leaving you competing for an ever decreasing number of seats in the program).

Archived