2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still haven't heard anything back from SMU... Last I heard was on 11/30/15 about application/interview selection update for me to be patient while they are still reviewing apps... At this point, thinking I should probably be looking to trying again for next cycle. I hope the admissions committee will be willing to give me advice on what I can do to improve my app

Still haven't heard anything back from SMU... Last I heard was on 11/30/15 about application/interview selection update for me to be patient while they are still reviewing apps... At this point, thinking I should probably be looking to trying again for next cycle. I hope the admissions committee will be willing to give me advice on what I can do to improve my app

hi hi_lauren! I applied last year to SMU and was rejected.  I met with them shortly after to discuss my application, which was great, but the feedback was basically "I don't know what to tell you to improve".  I was in their "A" group but there were 600 people in their "A" group and I just didn't make the cut.  Their admissions head left last year, so maybe feedback will be better this year.  It would be nice to get some advice on improving our apps!

I haven't heard anything yet either, and it sounds like the last interview date is quickly approaching!

It's not easy to still hold out hope but I'm there w/ ya. Haven't gotten the rejection email yet so until then I will keep waiting.

Received a call from Dawn last week and she left a voicemail. I've been trying to call back to confirm my interview date 2/27. I haven't received any emails or any other information. For those who have interviewed, is there an email or additional info concerning the interview? I applied way back in June. 

Received a call from Dawn last week and she left a voicemail. I've been trying to call back to confirm my interview date 2/27. I haven't received any emails or any other information. For those who have interviewed, is there an email or additional info concerning the interview? I applied way back in June. 

Received a call today and received all the information I needed for the 2/27 interview. Very exciting! 

Hi everyone! Just received a call from Dawn earlier this afternoon. I'll be interviewing 2/27 also! I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to the pizza gathering the night before… I'm coming from Los Angeles and just had a death in the family, I will be leaving to norcal right after the funeral on Friday. 

Hi everyone! Just received a call from Dawn earlier this afternoon. I'll be interviewing 2/27 also! I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to the pizza gathering the night before… I'm coming from Los Angeles and just had a death in the family, I will be leaving to norcal right after the funeral on Friday. 

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. Since the pizza gathering is optional, I don't think you'd miss out anything important. Safe travels and good luck! 

Archived