2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a phone call on Monday. My CASPA was verified 6/26/15. Overall GPA 3.4, science 3.2, ~2000 hours as medical assistant and physical therapy aide, shadowed PAs in 4 different specialties, and some volunteering like at a homeless shelter and other community service events.

Question for those who have received an interview invite: if they try to reach you by phone and you were unable to pick up do they leave a voicemail for call back or do they call again? Also, do they email an a more formal invitation after calling or are they just communicating with potential interviewees solely by phone? Thanks!

They send you a few attachments with info pertaining to the intrvw.

I almost didn't answer cuz I don't know anyone with a 510 area code.

I wish they had reached out sooner, like in the summer.

I will be declining my invite, so that's a spot opening up. I am gonna send everyone good vibes regarding this whole process.

Question for those who have received an interview invite: if they try to reach you by phone and you were unable to pick up do they leave a voicemail for call back or do they call again? Also, do they email an a more formal invitation after calling or are they just communicating with potential interviewees solely by phone? Thanks!

i never received an email regarding the invite, only the phone call.  they did leave a message and asked that I called back, which I did. I'm hoping they would have called again though if they hadn't heard from me...good luck everyone!

For those who already interviewed: was there any information provided regarding the number of applicants that applied this year, how many will be interviewed, how many spots they will be filling this year,  number of interview sessions this cycle, how they utilize the wait list, and when is the latest we'll hear back about interview invites or when they plan to have their class finalized, etc.?

Thank you so much for the insight! 

Hey everyone!! Congratulations on your interview invite! My interview is scheduled for January 23rd. Does anyone know of the interview format? This is the longest interview I've heard of...Thank you in advance :) 

I am also wondering what the format of the interview is like... I have no idea what to expect for an all-day interview! Can any current students or anyone who has already interviewed this cycle comment on this?

For those who already interviewed: was there any information provided regarding the number of applicants that applied this year, how many will be interviewed, how many spots they will be filling this year,  number of interview sessions this cycle, how they utilize the wait list, and when is the latest we'll hear back about interview invites or when they plan to have their class finalized, etc.?

Thank you so much for the insight! 

I think there were 3,000 applicants total.  There will be somewhere between 150-200 interviews, and approx 46 seats filled in total, I believe.  The interview is all-day and includes a tour, interactions with both faculty and current students, as well as breakfast and lunch :)

The applicants who interviewed on 1/16 told me that they had a lot of fun. 

Bring a water bottle with you so you don't get parched.

I think there were 3,000 applicants total. There will be somewhere between 150-200 interviews, and approx 46 seats filled in total, I believe. The interview is all-day and includes a tour, interactions with both faculty and current students, as well as breakfast and lunch :)

The applicants who interviewed on 1/16 told me that they had a lot of fun.

Bring a water bottle with you so you don't get parched.

Thanks for the insight. Do you know if all interview spots have been sent out?

Archived