2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked tonight with a friend that is in her first year at SMU's PA program.  She said she was called in a few days before her interview in February last year, and was admitted a week later (along with many other folks from her interview day) - so keep up hope! (and I will too!).  Her advice was "do not contact admissions".

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I was invited for an interview in January and was just reading through the confirmation email, apparently the interview is from 8:00am-5:00pm. Has anyone else had an interview day this long or current student care to comment on the interview day process? Thanks!

Hey everyone, I was invited for an interview in January and was just reading through the conformation email, apparently the interview is from 8:00am-5:00pm. Has anyone else had an interview day this long or current student care to comment on the interview day process? Thanks!

Hi tflan,

Congrats! Which interview date were you invited to?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I was invited for an interview in January and was just reading through the confirmation email, apparently the interview is from 8:00am-5:00pm. Has anyone else had an interview day this long or current student care to comment on the interview day process? Thanks!

Yep, the interview lasts all day, 8 to 5!

They will feed you lunch, but you'll be busy essentially all day going from one "activity" to the next.  I recommend bringing a water bottle to carry around with you, they ran out of waters during my interview day and I don't drink sodas so I got pretty parched.   Be sure to attend the pizza party the night before the interview so that you can chat with current students!

OMG! Congrats to you! I am so happy to hear this cause that means I might have a chance... Haven't heard anything besides confirmation of them receiving my app. Still crossing my fingers! Can you share which number they called you from including area code? Thanks

hi all! i got a call about 30 minutes ago inviting me to interview on January 23rd, but I will be declining because I actually just had my first day at a different program TODAY! haha funny how things work out...best of luck to you all!!

OMG! Congrats to you! I am so happy to hear this cause that means I might have a chance... Haven't heard anything besides confirmation of them receiving my app. Still crossing my fingers! Can you share which number they called you from including area code? Thanks

thanks!! hopefully you'll hear some good news soon!!! the number they called from was a 510 area code, oakland, CA

Yep, the interview lasts all day, 8 to 5!

They will feed you lunch, but you'll be busy essentially all day going from one "activity" to the next.  I recommend bringing a water bottle to carry around with you, they ran out of waters during my interview day and I don't drink sodas so I got pretty parched.   Be sure to attend the pizza party the night before the interview so that you can chat with current students!

Will there be a pizza party this year? I haven't received any information about one, but it sounds like a fun and informative icebreaker event!

Traditionally there is a pizza dinner the night before each interview date.  Faculty are usually not there, only current students.

Since the pizza thing is organized by students--and we're hella busy--we may not remember until the last minute to send the invitations.  But the pizza thing always happens, so plan your trip accordingly.

Archived