2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My application was e-submitted on 8/28 but it did not get verified until 9/28 due to scanning issues with CASPA. But I got an email confirmation that Samuel Merritt received my complete application on 9/29 and is under review.

I applied much earlier last year (july) but didn't hear anything from them until they finally sent me a rejection email in Mid-March 2015.

Hope this info helps.

@keyara808 thank you! that helps alot. hopefully they let me know soon.

I still havent heard today (as of 10/19) that they even received my CASPA! has everyone at least received a confirmation email?

I submitted on the deadline as well and still haven't received a confirmation email. Hopefully soon :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who submitted in the last month received their application complete email? I have not received anything and I am debating about sending them an email about my application status.

I think you should send an email to them. I applied end of september and got an email back for confirmation about a day or two later. It doesn't hurt to try and you paid for your application. 

Hey all,

I am a first year at SMU.  Life is good. 

I don't have an answer about when the invites will come, I know the faculty is still going over the 3,000 apps that were submitted.  That's ~30% more than last year btw...and I have heard that the interviews will be all after the new year.  I know this is later than many of the other programs, but that's just the way the faculty runs it here. I don't see that changing.  I can tell you the program is awesome and the best advice I have for you is try and relax?

Additionally-in the off chance that you don't matriculate into a program this year I would recommend staying busy by working with purpose.  Now that your apps are in and you have had a breather you have time.  Only you know your app/package so maybe retake a class, get a new technical skill set, start a new community service activity, get a new job, learn some medical spanish, chinese, sign language...  Don't let this time get away from you, it's also way easier to play the waiting game when you are busy. This way when you do get in, you will have more tools in your chest.  

I've been in your shoes 2x.  Waitlist 1 year, early admit the next.  Best of luck.  

Hi emt2pa80,

Just wanted to thank you for your post. It is positive and brings reassurance to many of us.

It was also a good reminder to keep busy during this time. I hope to hear back from the school. SMU seems like a wonderful school to attend!

Hey all,

I am a first year at SMU. Life is good.

I don't have an answer about when the invites will come, I know the faculty is still going over the 3,000 apps that were submitted. That's ~30% more than last year btw...and I have heard that the interviews will be all after the new year. I know this is later than many of the other programs, but that's just the way the faculty runs it here. I don't see that changing. I can tell you the program is awesome and the best advice I have for you is try and relax?

Additionally-in the off chance that you don't matriculate into a program this year I would recommend staying busy by working with purpose. Now that your apps are in and you have had a breather you have time. Only you know your app/package so maybe retake a class, get a new technical skill set, start a new community service activity, get a new job, learn some medical spanish, chinese, sign language... Don't let this time get away from you, it's also way easier to play the waiting game when you are busy. This way when you do get in, you will have more tools in your chest.

I've been in your shoes 2x. Waitlist 1 year, early admit the next. Best of luck.

I know we should still be waiting to hear back from this program but does anyone know whether it will be by phone or email?

I was called for an interview last year and then waitlisted.  So I am guessing this will do the same thing and call you if you are getting an interview. Last year I got a call in November for a January interview.

Hey guys! First year PA student here to chime in on some details. This semester has been hectic for the SMU staff. We had a professor go on maternity leave and there were more apps this year than the previous years. I know you're all probably going crazy waiting (at least I did =P) but be patient! The first years were given word that the interviews won't be until January this cycle. We don't know exactly when yet since it takes a lot of coordinating to schedule dates with everyone involved. Try to enjoy your thanksgiving and relax! Good luck! =)

Archived