2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a new program director and a new admissions coordinator this year, but I doubt there will be any drastic changes in the admissions process. So, no, I don't think it's too late. I applied in Sept last year and received an interview invite in October. When I went to schedule my interview in the university's scheduling system, there were interview dates into February available. That being said, you can contact the coordinator at the email on the website and they will tell you -- that's what I did last year when I had the same question/concern. :)

Thank you for sharing this AliB! I applied in the last week of August and this has given me hope that I still have a shot of getting in even though it is not early in the cycle. 

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and just found this thread.  Big thanks to the former interviewees for the heads up re: what to expect.  I've been compiling a list of questions to brush up on, but I suppose being the best representation of myself is the the most important thing I can do - hope my nerves don't get in the way!  I must say - I LOVE hearing about the laid back and 'familial' feeling of the Nova SWFL Campus.  That's exactly what I'm looking for!

For others curious about the timeline:

CASPA submitted on 7/7

supp app received from Nova on 8/3

submitted Nova supp app on 8/14

invited to interview on 8/25

scheduled for October 2nd at 12:30

Hope to be in class with all of you next year!

Best,

Brian

Does Nova do silent rejections? I still have outstanding prerequisites...actually will finish the last in the Spring. For students that found out your applications were put on hold because of this, did you call to verify your hold status or did the school contact you?

Hey Alexis, I don't know about silent rejections, but I was invited for an interview with outstanding prereqs. I'm currently taking micro and med terminology and will be taking orgo in the spring.

Is there another type of interview as well or just the one with two faculty? Also does anyone know some of the topics for the essay portion?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go back through this thread and there are some other posts that cover the entire half day format. Yes, there is a group session. Last year it was four applicants and two faculty. It was a bit of a hybrid exercise. First, we each reviewed a scenario and made individual choices. Then we worked as a group with the faculty observing to make a group decision about the scenario. Finally the faculty asked us questions about how we arrived at our choices and more detail about the thought processes behind them. It sounds much more stressful than it was!

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and just found this thread.  Big thanks to the former interviewees for the heads up re: what to expect.  I've been compiling a list of questions to brush up on, but I suppose being the best representation of myself is the the most important thing I can do - hope my nerves don't get in the way!  I must say - I LOVE hearing about the laid back and 'familial' feeling of the Nova SWFL Campus.  That's exactly what I'm looking for!

For others curious about the timeline:

CASPA submitted on 7/7

supp app received from Nova on 8/3

submitted Nova supp app on 8/14

invited to interview on 8/25

scheduled for October 2nd at 12:30

Hope to be in class with all of you next year!

Best,

Brian

When you say CASPA submitted, do you mean e-submitted or was this the date it was verified? 

Also, if anyone else can chime in, how long does it typically take for Nova to send the supplemental email after your CASPA was verified? Thanks! 

I'm dying to know how the first day of interviews went!!!! Was it as nerve wrecking as you thought? Details, please!!

The interviews went really well (or so I think)! Everyone is very welcoming. You do a short essay, tour, then your individual interview and group exercise. It was pretty laid back! 

When you say CASPA submitted, do you mean e-submitted or was this the date it was verified?

Also, if anyone else can chime in, how long does it typically take for Nova to send the supplemental email after your CASPA was verified? Thanks!

I submitted my CASPA on 7/7, but I'm not certain how long it took to be verified. IIRC it was around 2-3 weeks, and I believe the Nova supplemental came by email roughly a week after that?

Archived