2015-2016 Application Cycle

I think they send invites as they get through the stacks of applications. I still haven't received an invite either :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I'll be at the September 28th interview!!! Mine is scheduled for 12:30, so I guess that puts me in the morning section.

If anyone else is interviewing on the 28th and would like to meet up the afternoon before, send me a private message on here. Might be fun. I'm renting a car from the Hertz at the Fort Myers Airport (which was only like $16 per day, by the way).

Edit: I called the Nova Fort Myers campus and spoke to the staff there (who were incredibly helpful) and was informed that the 12:30 section is in fact the afternoon section that actually begins at 12:00 noon.

Hey all!

I'm a first-year student at NSU Fort Myers. I interviewed in late-September last year. I'm not sure if they are following the same format, but last year they put us in a room and we had to write a a timed short-essay (they gave us a prompt). Then we were given a tour of the school. We then split up into groups and had a group interview in which you had to use teamwork to solve a problem. Afterward, we had our individual interviews with two faculty members.

I just wanted to say that you'll receive a fantastic education if you come here. The faculty are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and everyone seems to get along pretty well. Most things you'd need are in a square mile of the school (food, apartments, publix, target, walmart). School is difficult though, so brace yourself for sleepless nights, countless hours studying, and achieving Starbucks Gold-member status in the first semester.

Good luck to all of you. Hope to see you here interviewing in the following months.

Thank you so much for the info jbailey! It sounds like an awesome program and I am so excited to interview next month! Do you know how many people were interviewed last cycle? I know they accept 64 students and average ~1,000 applicants (based on last year's stats). Also, how long did it take for you to hear back about your status after the interview?

Thank you so much for the info jbailey! It sounds like an awesome program and I am so excited to interview next month! Do you know how many people were interviewed last cycle? I know they accept 64 students and average ~1,000 applicants (based on last year's stats). Also, how long did it take for you to hear back about your status after the interview?

Hmm I don't know exactly how many people interviewed here this past year...and I don't want to make a guess and be way off. Sorry! I know there's no set number of invites to interview though. It just depends on the applicant pool. I interviewed on a Monday and got a call from the school 9 days later (Wednesday) mid-afternoon. Good luck at your interview! You'll meet a bunch of current students then, and get a lot of information from us. We're a friendly bunch.

Do you think its too late to apply? I know the deadline is in January, but I am discouraged since interviews have already started.

We have a new program director and a new admissions coordinator this year, but I doubt there will be any drastic changes in the admissions process. So, no, I don't think it's too late. I applied in Sept last year and received an interview invite in October. When I went to schedule my interview in the university's scheduling system, there were interview dates into February available. That being said, you can contact the coordinator at the email on the website and they will tell you -- that's what I did last year when I had the same question/concern. :)

Anyone have any idea what the essay will be on?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year we were given a choice of any one of three or four topics. I can't even recall the choices, but none were on anything requiring clinical knowledge. I could easily have written something on more than one of the options. The process is more about showing you can respond to a general question in a thoughtful, organized fashion ... and, to be bluntly honest, to demonstrate that your written responses thus far on CASPA and the supplemental were your own. It's also one more opportunity for the AdComm to learn more about you. I do seem to recall that the faculty that interviewed me had read my response because I was asked a question about some statement I'd made and I was able to expound a bit more on my brief essay.

Hmm.. Do you think I should call again?  I'm not sure what it could mean

Do you have any pre-requisites in process? I do NOT know this to be the case, and I may be remembering the wrong program, but I seem to recall something about interviews for applicants being delayed if all the required prerequisites weren't complete.

No I dont, I graduated in may with no outstanding courses!

Do you have any pre-requisites in process? I do NOT know this to be the case, and I may be remembering the wrong program, but I seem to recall something about interviews for applicants being delayed if all the required prerequisites weren't complete.

It was a long shot question. :) Rather than call, try sending an email with your query. Include your Nova ID, and use the same email you included with your application.

Well, I guesss I have a question maybe you can answer.. Online, it says that genetics is a requirement for the Ft Myers campus now, but before back in May when I applied, that wasn't a requirement.  Do you think that could be the problem?  

Archived