Current Applicants 2015 - Hoping to be the Class of 2018

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mhall33. I interviewed last year and got in. I would say knowing about the profession and about the school is a big thing. Be able to account for any deficiencies (if you have any, I did :) ) in your past and show them why you are a better student today. Show them that your really have a passion for what you will be doing in the future. They already know you on paper from your essay, grades, GRE, etc. Show them why they should pick you. Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck to all who have invites! I'll see you at the end of the month! For those who didn't get an invite, please don't give up. You can do this if this is what you really want to do!

Thank you so much for the tips!!! They said in the email that there would be an essay....do you recall what the essay was about?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the tips!!! They said in the email that there would be an essay....do you recall what the essay was about?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kt22 I don't remember exactly, but it was something that you could write about like, "talk about a time a patient impacted you" or something like that.  They just want to know you can form a thought on paper. 

I am a reapplicant as well, in the same situation as you. I applied last year, received an interview, and didn't get accepted. I reapplied this year with more health care hours, more shadowing hours, and a slight increase in my GPA and was not invited to interview. When I receive the email they said that it was because I need to "increase the number of properly documented service hours". I emailed the department for a better explanation and they said I felt at the cusp and that I was just below the baseline that they used for a cut off for interviews.

For those of you who are interviewing; I heard that this year they are doing it a little differently than last year. Last year they had you interview with two graduates and/or faculty member. This year, I heard there will be a series of 3 interviews. Again, this is what I heard. Make sure to know about the program, what separates it Tom other programs, and know about the profession and have a good answer ready for why you are choosing this as your career. Remember to be yourselves, good luck!

From my understanding, it seems like WSU gave us the same exact feedback about increasing the properly documented community service hours. It is disappointing that my application was right at the cutoff for reviving an interview. It's funny because I sent an email to the department as well and they sent me the same email about my app being on the cusp and I was just below the baseline for getting an interview. 

I'm going to be applying for the class of 2019 and my pre-reqs should be complete by august 29th but the deadline for apps is the 1st of September. Will this be a problem? Can my application be submitted prior to the completion of these classes or do I have to wait until the next year to apply? 

Thanks!

So glad it went well and didn't sound too stressful!  Can you all tell us a little more?  Were the PA students first year or second?  Was the essay part on something general or more in depth?  How many candidates were there today and did they say if they are having any more interviews in November?  :) Sorry about all the questions, just so excited and a little bit anxious. :)

Archived