Current Applicants 2015 - Hoping to be the Class of 2018

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who received invites to interview when did you submit your application? I called Wayne State today to see if they were still inviting people for interviews and the lady told me that the ones who received interviews applied early and that there is still time for others to receive interviews. But I think she may have been a little confused.

This is good news! I remember them having two rounds of interviews last year, so this makes sense. 

Any idea on when the additional interview invites will go out?

Hi everyone,  for the ones that got interviews, I noticed on my WSU supplemental application under the tab that says "decision"  mine says withdrew/denied even though I have an interview on the 30th.  Does anyone else have this on their application?  

Hi everyone,  for the ones that got interviews, I noticed on my WSU supplemental application under the tab that says "decision"  mine says withdrew/denied even though I have an interview on the 30th.  Does anyone else have this on their application?  

No, mine still says "decision pending"

Just checked mine and it still says Decision Pending..  I would contact them too.

Hello everyone, 

This is my second time applying to PA school and I received an email early yesterday morning from WSU stating they were not offering me a interview this cycle. Last cycle, I received an interview for the first round and did not end up being accepted. I gained more experience in the field and also got a new job in a hospital setting with many more hours than last cycle, which is why WSU told me I did not get accepted last cycle. This time around, the email said the reason as to why I am not being offered an interview was because I need an increased number of property documented community service hours. I was really disappointed when I received this email, especially since I had an interview last cycle with less hours. Is anyone else in the same situation? What type of volunteer experience do the people who have gotten interviews/ accepted have completed?

I appreciate any feedback, I am really concerned this time around about the reasoning behind not receiving an interview invitation. 

For those of you who have interviewed at Wayne State before, do you have any tips for those of us who are interviewing here for the first time?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey mhall33.  I interviewed last year and got in.  I would say knowing about the profession and about the school is a big thing.  Be able to account for any deficiencies (if you have any, I did :) ) in your past and show them why you are a better student today.  Show them that your really have a passion for what you will be doing in the future.  They already know you on paper from your essay, grades, GRE, etc.  Show them why they should pick you.  Let me know if you have any other questions!  Good luck to all who have invites!  I'll see you at the end of the month!  For those who didn't get an invite, please don't give up.  You can do this if this is what you really want to do!

Did anyone interview last year, and not get in, who reapplied, and didn't get an interview this year? I am curious if anyone is in this position like I am.

I am a reapplicant as well, in the same situation as you. I applied last year, received an interview, and didn't get accepted. I reapplied this year with more health care hours, more shadowing hours, and a slight increase in my GPA and was not invited to interview. When I receive the email they said that it was because I need to "increase the number of properly documented service hours". I emailed the department for a better explanation and they said I felt at the cusp and that I was just below the baseline that they used for a cut off for interviews.

For those of you who are interviewing; I heard that this year they are doing it a little differently than last year. Last year they had you interview with two graduates and/or faculty member. This year, I heard there will be a series of 3 interviews. Again, this is what I heard. Make sure to know about the program, what separates it Tom other programs, and know about the profession and have a good answer ready for why you are choosing this as your career. Remember to be yourselves, good luck!

Archived