Healthcare experience: 2800+ hours

Non-healthcare, leadership experience: 150+ hours

ECT Technician/CNA in psych

CNA in orthopedics and home health

Volunteered as a medical assistant in internal medicine

Volunteered in CVICU/CPCU

Fundraised for Relay for Life and Costa Rica trip for premedical students

Volunteered at MS and Breast Cancer events throughout the year

I have shadowed multiple MDs/DOs, PAs, NPs, and surgical nurses over time. I was very focused on gaining healthcare experience while in school, so I believe that's why my GPA isn't as high as it could have been. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those accepted, I am trying to make my deposit. I remember them saying class starts in July, however online it asks for the deposit for August. Is that the option I should select?

I chose the August 2016 time frame. I remember the students when we had that Q & A saying something about how the school seems to think everyone starts in August, at the same time that the undergraduates start. They said when they received financial aid, it did not start until August, so they had to do everything out of pocket for the first month. I was guessing since this was dealing with the financial department as well, it would be a similar story. I paid the deposit and then emailed them to ask if I was going to receive a further confirmation that my seat was officially saved and they said once everything is processed and they receive a notification, they will send us an email confirmation, just FYI. Congrats on getting in, I can't wait to start!

Question about how Christian faith is interwoven in curriculum.

Campbell's mission statement says "Campbell University’s Physician Assistant (PA) program provides graduate clinical education in a Christian environment in the tradition of faith, learning, and service. " 

How heavy is the religious affiliation/teaching/ I guess anything to do with Christianity in their physician assistant program? Just trying to get a handle on the amount of religion incorporated. 

Thank You!

One of the students answered this question during the Q and A. They said the faith portion is not "in your face" at all. They said it's there if you want it and it's absent if you don't.

THANK YOU for the quick response - I'm not Christian and just received an interview and was concerned about this! 

If anyone else has any other insight into this I would love more feedback!

Also, question for already accepted students - Did the interviewers/faculty say how selective they were about interviews? I know some schools offer interviews to a pretty big pool of applicants and weed after interviews versus schools that weed through applications and offer interviews to only a handful of applicants.... Thank You :)

Hi all! I am a recent graduate from Campbell's undergrad this May and was accepted to their PA school after the September 24th interview! I am so excited to return to a place that has become a second home to me. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me! @mexico3891, they usually weed and offer interviews to a select number of applicants. In my interview session, there were about 30 total (15 morning and 15 afternoon). Hope this helps!

Archived