Campbell University Application Cycle 2015-2016

To those attending the sept 24th interview, congrats! Do you mind sharing when you were invited to interview and when your application was marked complete/under review??

@twototango, when was your supplemental marked complete?

When did you get all your stuff submitted twototango? (ie CASPA verified, and supplemental sent)

July 19th I submitted my CASPA application.

July 20th I submitted my supplemental application.

July 27th I received an e-mail saying my file is complete from CPHS Admissions. 

August 27th I received another e-mail from the admissions coordinator saying my file was complete.

September 4th I received on e-mail for an interview invitation.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard last year they interviewed until December.  There are 44 spots for the next class and they are chosen on a rolling basis so it is possible for all spots to be full before December.  Someone said in this case interviewees will be told that they are interviewing for a spot on the wait list.

Anyone who has had an interview already, do you mind sharing a little about the interview that you had? I know everyone says it's laid back and all of that, but what type of questions do they ask? How was the group portion? If you don't feel like sharing details, it is not a big deal! I just wanted to be more prepared. Thanks in advance, and congrats on the acceptances so far, I am hoping to post the same after the 24th.

To give exact questions in advance would be somewhat unethical, with that said they ask very generic questions that aren't "out of nowhere." The group portion is exactly what you probably think it is; a small group of students interact together for a short period of time. Really just be yourself and answer questions honestly, they want to see if you fit the program and get a sense of who you are. They interview lots of people and I'm sure they can easily spot those that are being dishonest or telling them what they think they want to hear. Good luck on the 24th! Try to stay relaxed and get some sleep the night before!

Anyone who has had an interview already, do you mind sharing a little about the interview that you had? I know everyone says it's laid back and all of that, but what type of questions do they ask? How was the group portion? If you don't feel like sharing details, it is not a big deal! I just wanted to be more prepared. Thanks in advance, and congrats on the acceptances so far, I am hoping to post the same after the 24th.

I know it's hard to say, but don't be so nervous.  This is my second time through and I've found I did my best in interviews when I was a little more spontaneous and a little less rehearsed.  Campbell won't ask you anything crazy so just be sure you can give an answer to the basics.  Ex. Why Campbell? Why PA? Tell me about yourself.  What are your goals?  Where do you see yourself practicing?  Name a strength and weakness.  Name something you wish you could do over/change.  I found they asked questions that were specific to my resume and application.  Think about taking control of the interview and using it as an opportunity to talk about only the things you want to talk about.  You can highlight your standout features or explain things you're not so happy with.  As far as the group interview, it's pretty laid back.  You're in a group of 4 and you discuss a scenario then discuss and evaluate yourselves.  It's a little weird and drawn out but just make sure you communicate well and show teamwork.  Good luck!

P.S. I used the "How to ace the PA school interview" book and it has way more questions than you will ever be asked in it

To give exact questions in advance would be somewhat unethical, with that said they ask very generic questions that aren't "out of nowhere." The group portion is exactly what you probably think it is; a small group of students interact together for a short period of time. Really just be yourself and answer questions honestly, they want to see if you fit the program and get a sense of who you are. They interview lots of people and I'm sure they can easily spot those that are being dishonest or telling them what they think they want to hear. Good luck on the 24th! Try to stay relaxed and get some sleep the night before!

Thank you for your insight, I will try to stay relaxed!

I know it's hard to say, but don't be so nervous.  This is my second time through and I've found I did my best in interviews when I was a little more spontaneous and a little less rehearsed.  Campbell won't ask you anything crazy so just be sure you can give an answer to the basics.  Ex. Why Campbell? Why PA? Tell me about yourself.  What are your goals?  Where do you see yourself practicing?  Name a strength and weakness.  Name something you wish you could do over/change.  I found they asked questions that were specific to my resume and application.  Think about taking control of the interview and using it as an opportunity to talk about only the things you want to talk about.  You can highlight your standout features or explain things you're not so happy with.  As far as the group interview, it's pretty laid back.  You're in a group of 4 and you discuss a scenario then discuss and evaluate yourselves.  It's a little weird and drawn out but just make sure you communicate well and show teamwork.  Good luck!

P.S. I used the "How to ace the PA school interview" book and it has way more questions than you will ever be asked in it

Thank you so much for your insight, it was very helpful! I will look into that book you're talking about, I am sure it would be super helpful for me to see all the different types of questions they might ask me.

The system says my payment is pending and they hadn't recieved transcripts yet. I called to verify and they received all of it! I am sure their system is having some technical issues.

Also, I received an email that my application is on hold and to send any competitive updates in the mean time. That was frustrating. Campbell University has amazing facilities, so I was excited to apply. 

I received the same email. I received another one from Ian saying they do the initial review and decide on who to interview, as well as send out rejections. He said the "on hold for further review" means that they have not yet decided on whether they want to interview or not but will let me know soon either way. So in the meantime to send anything that would make me more competitive (I retook the GRE so I sent updated scores). Also, the transcripts say "not received" but they don't require official transcripts until after you've been accepted. Hope that helps! I am anxious to hear more- I've heard great things about this school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the same email. I received another one from Ian saying they do the initial review and decide on who to interview, as well as send out rejections. He said the "on hold for further review" means that they have not yet decided on whether they want to interview or not but will let me know soon either way. So in the meantime to send anything that would make me more competitive (I retook the GRE so I sent updated scores). Also, the transcripts say "not received" but they don't require official transcripts until after you've been accepted. Hope that helps! I am anxious to hear more- I've heard great things about this school.

What did you get on your GRE when you repeated it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived