Campbell University Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The class of 2016 would LOVE for you all to check out our most recent music video (because really, what's better than Vanilla Ice and Sir Mix a Lot?).  But seriously, our videos showcase how awesome of a program Campbell is, and what makes us stand out!

Thank you for sharing the video, campbellcamel! In the video, the students mention flying to Haiti. I was wondering if you could expand on this a little bit more or point me in the direction of the information on the website. Was this the first class to go to Haiti and was it organized by the students? How long were they there and what types of things were they doing? This would definitely be something I'd want to be a part of so I appreciate any information you can share!

I received a confirmation email this morning as well, but I did not receive an itinerary for the interview. Do you have 11:40-4:00 on august 28th?

I'm the morning session.  It's 8:40-1:30.  Last year the two overlapped because the morning session ended with pizza and a Q&A session and the afternoon session began with it.  

I'm the morning session.  It's 8:40-1:30.  Last year the two overlapped because the morning session ended with pizza and a Q&A session and the afternoon session began with it.  

I assume with your knowledge of the overlapping sessions that you attended the interviews last year. This is my first interview for any PA program, so I am a little nervous to say the least. I was wondering if you would be willing to provide us with details about the interview process. For example, is it a single person interview or several shorter panel interviews. Also, what types of things are on the itinerary for the day? Thank you for your help! 

Last year the afternoon session began with a Q&A panel with students.  There were also presentations from staff and faculty.  After that the AM people left and the PM went to a 1 on 1 interview.  The dual program applicants had a second interview.  Then we were split into small groups for a group interview.  In the gorup interview they gave us a scenario to discuss.  Finally we took a tour of the building and filled out the exit survery.

I never received an application complete/under review email. My app was verified 6/26 and supplemental was submitted early for which i reveived confirmation on 6/5. But has this happened to anyone else? I just emailed them but it sounds like they're not very good at emailing back from what ive read on here

Last year the afternoon session began with a Q&A panel with students. There were also presentations from staff and faculty. After that the AM people left and the PM went to a 1 on 1 interview. The dual program applicants had a second interview. Then we were split into small groups for a group interview. In the gorup interview they gave us a scenario to discuss. Finally we took a tour of the building and filled out the exit survery.

Thanks for the info! I have an interview this week and was wondering what it would entail. This was so helpful :)

For those of you who may get an interview down the road or have not checked your email, this is the email I received today about the upcoming interview on Friday. 

"I hope that you are doing well!  Below you will find a general schedule of events for your interview day session.    Please note which session, AM or PM, you were invited to attend on Friday.  Our AM session will end with lunch and Student Panel, and our PM session will being with lunch and Student Panel and end with a tour of Levine Hall.  We look forward to meeting you on Friday!

• Welcome and Introductions
  • Program Administrative Update
  • Academic Year Curriculum
  • Clinical Year Curriculum
  • Financial Aid Information

• Interviews – 30 minute interview with faculty member & community clinician
  • 30 minute Group Interactive Exercise

• Building Tours
  • PA Student Q&A Panel during pizza lunch"

I hope this helps those of you that are anxious and excited about the prospect of becoming a Camel! 

My application was verified yesterday, so I emailed admissions to make sure that my app had been received. Here is the response:

Your application was verified today 8/27/2015.  Since we are not allowed to evaluate transcripts until all information is verified, we are about 3 weeks to a month behind the verification date.  Please be patient as we are working diligently to make sure all applications are evaluated in a timely manner. 

I hope this helps anyone else that has recently submitted their application

There were 16 or so of us in the morning group and a comparable size in the afternoon.

I absolutely loved Campbell University and everybody was so incredibly welcoming. I had all of my questions answered and was able to pick the brains of some current students. 

The morning started in a classroom. We met the faculty initially. They talked about the didactic/clinical years curriculum and the change to 24 months/block scheduling. The financial aid guy was very brief and not very helpful. Then we were split into two groups - one group went on to the individual interviews with a faculty member and local clinician, the other group went on to the group interactive exercise. These sessions lasted about half an hour, then we switched. After all interviews were completed, we went back to the classroom ate pizza and talked with current first and second year students. The last thing we did was take a tour of the facility. 

I was incredibly nervous going into it, but I was quickly able to relax because of the warm and welcoming atmosphere created by everybody there. The admissions committee discusses each applicant by the end of the day and makes their admissions decision. They told us we would be notified within a week, but I think it will happen on Monday or Tuesday. The committee will either admit you, deny you acceptance, or notify you that your application needs further review. My nerves have shifted from preparing to the interview to anxiously awaiting a phone call/email. 

Good luck to those of you still waiting! 

Archived