2015-2016 application cycle

Congrats Olumide007! Thats awesome and def a wise choice as well. Do you mind sharing some of your stats?

Most definitely,

Education wise: BS Microbiology 2008 (3.65). I had my Bachelors from my country Nigeria

MS Microbiology/Immunology 2015 (3.92). From a University in Ohio

Health Care Related Experience: STNA, Medical Assistant, Medical Lab Scientist (Approximately over 5000 hours, I can't remember the exact figure), Biomedical Engineer (Had a few training here and there, I am not a guru in the field of biomedical engineering)

Teaching Experience: Taught High school Biology back in Nigeria, Teaching/graduate/research assistant while in grad school (I Taught second and third year premed and nursing students microbiology lab classes for two years, I did a lot of research on HIV).

Volunteering experience: I was a peer educator with UNICEF for two years, I had approximately 100 hours Volunteering at Hospitals around Ohio, Quite a bit of community involvement teaching science classes to high school students (I was the president of the African student union while in Grad school, so we had a bit of community service thing that we do).

Shadowing experience: Shadowed few MD's for 60 hours

Shadowed an Ortho PA for 40 hours

Shadowed a Cardiothoracic PA for 20 hours

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived