2015-2016 application cycle

The accreditation status is a bit confusing.  The PDF on their website quotes from the ARC-PA in saying that any student entering an accredited program is elegible to sit for PANCE.  It also notes that the next focused site visit will occur just before the class that we are all applying to matriculates.

So, what happens if Salus loses its accreditation during the focused site visit in 2016 right before those of us chosen for the class of 2018 matriculate?  Obviously the class of 2017, which is matriculating soon, is safe to sit for PANCE...but what about c/o 2018?  How common or uncommon is it for an accredited university to go from probationary to un-accredited?

Has anyone withdrawn their application or canceled an interview invite yet due to this?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the requirement to sit for the PANCE is that you have graduated from an accredited program. If it becomes unaccredited before you start, I would believe the students would no longer be able to attend so you would have to find another program. Also I think if you are in school but have not graduated yet and the program becomes unaccredited, you would not be able to graduate from that program. Meaning you could not sit for the PANCE. Since I have seen no program that allows you to transfer credits between pa programs, I guess you would have to start over. This is my understanding of how accreditation works haha I'm not sure how often programs become unaccredited though. Definitely something you should ask about during the interview

After reading that document it sounds like the ARC-PA will be reviewing Salus in July 2016 just before the class of 2018 matriculates. If they lose their accreditation status next July then the Class of 2018 will not be allowed to attend Salus. All students matriculating prior to this will be able to "teach out". But the class of 2018 would be left high and dry.

To me, it looks like probation was given in 2014 due to the performance of the 2013 class. They had an 89% 1st time pass rate (way below the national average) and an 80% alumni approval that the program prepared them for their PA careers. Not sure what happened to that cohort, but it looks like the Salus responded since the 2014 class achieved a 98% 1st time pass rate with equally high approval from the alumni. I highly doubt this data tells the whole story but it's interesting.

Hi everyone, very excited to announce that I'll be interviewing on November 11th. Hope to see some of you there! For those of you who've already interviewed, what was it like?

I'll be there too. Was bummed that there weren't any earlier spots by the time I got the invite, but looking forward to it!

Archived