2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else verified in August and still have not received a supplemental application? I received a confirmation email of my application on Aug 11 from USciences but still haven't received the supplemental. Are these sent out on a rolling basis as well?

I also have not received anything in regards to a supplemental. I did receive an email yesterday though:

We would like to update all our applicants with regards to our deadline.  We recently made the announcement that the university will accept and screen all applications that are submitted by November 1 and verified by November 14. This is to accommodate the longer verification wait time this cycle.

Please keep in mind, our November 1 deadline does not apply to the supplemental application. All applications must go through an initial screening to determine eligibility for the supplemental application,  and it can take 4-6 weeks from application to receive a notification. The supplemental application, if received, is due within two weeks of the date it is emailed to you.

I also have not received anything in regards to a supplemental. I did receive an email yesterday though:

We would like to update all our applicants with regards to our deadline.  We recently made the announcement that the university will accept and screen all applications that are submitted by November 1 and verified by November 14. This is to accommodate the longer verification wait time this cycle.

Please keep in mind, our November 1 deadline does not apply to the supplemental application. All applications must go through an initial screening to determine eligibility for the supplemental application,  and it can take 4-6 weeks from application to receive a notification. The supplemental application, if received, is due within two weeks of the date it is emailed to you.

I emailed them 2 days ago about it and they emailed me back with the below response. So we're still in the clear. Unfortunately to those who applied before mid-july, it sounds like they've already either sent you a supplemental or you won't be getting one.

"Your application has not been screened yet. Applications are screened by program faculty in the order they were received so they are indeed reviewed on a rolling basis. Supplemental applications are not sent out to all individuals, even if they meet the minimum posted requirements. Evaluation is made of the application as a whole, including the letters of reference and personal statement.

While I cannot give you an exact date as to when you would be screened, we are currently screening mid-July, so you shouldn’t be too far behind."

I emailed them 2 days ago about it and they emailed me back with the below response. So we're still in the clear. Unfortunately to those who applied before mid-july, it sounds like they've already either sent you a supplemental or you won't be getting one.

"Your application has not been screened yet. Applications are screened by program faculty in the order they were received so they are indeed reviewed on a rolling basis. Supplemental applications are not sent out to all individuals, even if they meet the minimum posted requirements. Evaluation is made of the application as a whole, including the letters of reference and personal statement.

While I cannot give you an exact date as to when you would be screened, we are currently screening mid-July, so you shouldn’t be too far behind."

Great! Thanks so much for that! When was your application received?  Mine was sent on July 31st so I guess they are approaching mine too!

Hey guys! I'm so excited to interview at USciences soon! For current students, how do you like the 34 month long program? Do you think it has prepared you better in the long term and made you feel more confident? And for those who have already interviewed, do you have any other suggestions for the interview? I've already read this thread but any other tips will help as this is my top choice :)

(looking at the entrance of the building) There is a lot almost immediately to the left. I think I arrived about 30 or 40 minutes early but I was able to find a spot and I think most others were too. There's another lot near by too. Just make sure you don't park in the small lot right across from the building. I guess you can get ticketed there.

Thanks for this update! I was complete on August 13th and still had not received a supplemental application. I still have some hope lol

How soon did those that were accepted hear back from? I was really impressed with the program! Really nice classrooms/exam rooms.

They seem to offer a seat to a few people within a week and then I guess they wait the month they said they would take to decide on the rest. The first interview was exactly a month ago and I haven't heard if they have contacted everyone from that interview.

Did anyone get a waitlist or rejection letter? I interviewed on the 15th and still haven't heard anything yet. I know some others who interviewed on the 15th that have already been accepted.

Hi PAphil, I was told during the interview that anyone who gets to the interview point will not be rejected, only waitlisted or accepted. I was also told that it would take a month to get back to people, so if you interviewed on 15th you definitely still have time. Obviously a few people have already been offered seats. I am guessing they offer seats to a few people right away who score high enough and then will make up their minds about the rest at the one month point after a couple of interviews (that is just my guess). Good luck!

Archived