2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenny,

I live very near EVMS. The Marriot Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown is closest at about 1/2 mile. Otherwise anything in​ downtown Norfolk would be fine. All will be within 1.5 - 2 miles.

There is also a bed and breakfast, The Freemason Inn Bed and Breakfast that is a few blocks closer if that is preferable.

​

Thank you for the tips JED617! What are some typical question or scenarios do you think that we should expect or practice up on?

I will be at the Saturday morning session! :)

Hi all,

Please do not ask current students or those who have interviewed previously what questions they were asked. We change up the questions frequently, and they really aren't questions you can study for.

Our system is meant to get you to talk to us. We don't use BS questions about being in space and what equipment you would take or why... We also won't ask you what tree you would be.

We will ask questions to just get you to talk to us. There are no trick questions and we are not trying to pimp anyone. No one who interviews you will have seen your application. We just want a bias free discussion with our interviewers.

So, just make sure you know why you want to do this, what a PA is, and be articulate and convey a level of confidence that makes us believe that you can, and want, to do this.

It really is as simple as that. This will be the kinder, gentler, interview experience that others have told you about. It's ok to be nervous. Just help us to know how you are as a person. We will have already scored your application. The interview is a chance to get to know you. 

AND, perhaps most important! The interview process is really about you interviewing us! Get all of your questions answered from students and faculty and decide if this is the right place for you!!!

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi uumph,

Do you know if they sent out all the interview invites already? I know from last year they sent them out in waves and I was wondering if this year was similar. Thank you!

Hi,

First wave of invites went out on Friday (6-3-16), folks have 72 hours to respond. So, next wave tomorrow!

Good Luck!

Congratulations to everyone receiving interviews! I'm scheduled for Saturday morning. If anyone is interested in meeting up prior to the interview, please let me know! I fly in Friday morning and I'm sure it will help calm nerves if we see familiar faces. Maybe someone can recommend a good coffee spot? :)

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Archived