2015-2016 Application Cycle

Hey guys I'm going to the meet and greet Friday before interviewing on Saturday. Like you said it would be nice to meet some people beforehand and see familiar faces the day of the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey!  I am flying in from Michigan and attending the meet & greet on Friday as well; I also interview on Saturday.  I  look forward to meeting you, and agree that familiar faces should ease the stress a little. :)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Just wanted to share that interview slots are filled for this year.

If you thought you would be selected for an interview and you are not sure why you were not, I can do my best to help. Just send me your name at our program e-mail... paprogram@evms.edu 

I will try to review your application and let you know what you could do to be more competitive for next year. As I am sure you know, competition for seats in PA programs is fierce. Our average accepted students last year had the following:

1. A qualifying gpa of 3.6 or better (qualifying is actual undergrad gpa, completed graduate gpa, OR most recent 40 hours of coursework - called a replacement gpa)

2. A grades in most or all prerequisite courses (we compute a prerequisite gpa and average is 3.8)

- we want this profession to be accessible to military and working folks, so we accept community college and online courses. We don't penalize for repeated courses (get A grades and get in)

3. healthcare experience! Our average accepted student has 3000 or more hours of prior healthcare experience.

- EMT, CNA, MA, Pharm tech, respiratory, medic, corpsman, Scribe, phlebotomy, Licensed Lab Tech, and so on. (experience will matter in your clinical training)

Best of luck to those interviewing. It will be great to meet all of you.

To those who didn't get invited this time... review the info above and write us at paprogram@evms.edu if you still have questions,

Dr. P

. I'm in Monday AM group of interviews. I'm arrive on Saturday.

I am also attending Monday's interview! 

Hi Guys!!!

Sorry I haven't responded in ages. I've been trying to get everything ready for my wedding before I have to fly out. I'm coming into town on Friday, I'm not sure if I'll make the Friday meet and greet, but I'll for sure go on Saturday. Sounds like I'll be running into you Jaime! :) I have family in Norfolk and Virginia Beach, so if anyone is free Sunday I am planning on just laying out on the beach and relaxing. I can't wait to meet everyone!  

Hi Dinene Manz and a86dech. I'm also interviewing Monday morning. I live in Williamsburg which is about an hour away (depending on bridge tunnel traffic), but would love to meet you guys prior to the interview! We'll have to find each other at the meet and greets. I'm planning to make it to Friday and/or Saturday's get togethers. Hope to see both of you there!

Jaime that would be great, I'm planning on going to the Saturday meet and greet as long as no traffic issues arise

Hi Guys!!!

Sorry I haven't responded in ages. I've been trying to get everything ready for my wedding before I have to fly out. I'm coming into town on Friday, I'm not sure if I'll make the Friday meet and greet, but I'll for sure go on Saturday. Sounds like I'll be running into you Jaime! :) I have family in Norfolk and Virginia Beach, so if anyone is free Sunday I am planning on just laying out on the beach and relaxing. I can't wait to meet everyone!

May take you up on the beach offer

If you are looking for a place to stay, I would suggest airBnB.com you can find very nice places under $50.

If you are looking to rent a car, you can use an app called turo. Car owners rent out their cars. Uber is a great choice as well.

I decided to fly in July 16th and I'll be flying out the 19th. This gives me time to check out the area, go to the beach, and relax. If anyone would like to plan something, let me know. We can potentially make a groupme or something.

Thank you Dr P. for the update

How many interviews are granted and for how many seats?

If you are unable to provode an answer that quit alright, I was just wondering.

I hope to meet you when I arrive next month. Have a great evening.

Dinene Manz RDH, BA

We have scheduled about 176 interviews for the 80 slots available in the program. So, those interviewing have about a 1 in 2 chance of selection for seats in the class.

ssechsli,

Hey! If you are able to go to the Saturday evening information session, there seems to be a fair amount of us attending that one. :)  Otherwise, I'm free Sunday and I'll be interviewing Monday morning as well!

Unfortunately I'll be getting in at 11:00 pm on Saturday :/. But I will be somewhat free on Sunday. Despite it being shark week, I was thinking of going to either Chick's beach or Virginia Beach and maybe sight seeing. 

Unfortunately I'll be getting in at 11:00 pm on Saturday :/. But I will be somewhat free on Sunday. Despite it being shark week, I was thinking of going to either Chick's beach or Virginia Beach and maybe sight seeing.

Chicks beach is the place to be! A lot of good restaurants out there too!

Guest Scrub Lord

Is chicks beach by the lynhaven fishing pier? I'll be able to walk there from my sister's condo! I'm down!

Chicks beach is about a 4 mile walk from the pier :)

Guest Scrub Lord

Hey I hope everyone is getting a chance to relax.

For those who are interviewing on Friday, would anyone like to meet at Aw Shucks Thursday evening? Delicious, convenient, and cheap!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived