2015-2016 Application Cycle

I also have the dilemma that waiting for this school is too risky of a move, even though this is my top choice. I have two interviews with other schools in January and their programs start in June, so I wouldnt even know if I get accepted into EVMS by the time the other programs are starting!

I've heard nothing but great things about this program, just wished their application timelines weren't so drawn out

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummph, I would like to use my fall quarter grades toward my replacement gpa. I have already updated my CASPA. Should I have my official transcripts mailed to EVMS or do the grades not count because they occurred after my CASPA was verified ? Also, since my college is on the quarter system, does EVMS calculate the replacement gpa based on the last 60 quarter hours ? Thank You !

Imas94

If you listed your fall courses on the CASPA application as pending or in progress, you can go back to the application and update the grades.

And even though you are at a quarter system school, we will use the most recent 40 hours. For prerequisite courses we do convert quarter hours to semester hour equivalents. So it takes 5 quarter hours to equal a 3 semester credit course.

Hello everyone!

I have an interview at a school in January and I'm on a waitlist for another school. These both start in May/June 2016. As we all know, EVMS doesn't review applications until March and have interviews until June.. EVMS is my FIRST choice and where I want to attend!! I am concerned about being accepted into the other two programs (potentially a 3rd that I am waiting to hear from) and then deciding whether to accept a seat and forget EVMS.. OR the frightful and exciting concept of declining a seat at a program I'm accepted to, in order to hold out for EVMS!!

Thoughts anyone/advice??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just thought I would share our timeline. I understand the wait is long, but we allow applications beginning in April 2015 for the class that would start in January 2017. This is to allow those who are applying to summer and fall start schools, to submit their application to our January start program at the same time.

The deadline for CASPA and supplemental application submission is March 1, 2016 (next Tuesday)

We read applications until late May

Invitations for interviews go out the first week of June

Interviews are July 15, 16, and 18, 2016

Offers of seats start going out the first week of August

Class (Orientation) starts Tuesday January 3rd

Then you will be ready to graduate the 3rd Saturday in May 2019

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Lantech,

Many folks who are missing requirements and who subsequently will not be reviewed have already been notified.

We ultimately have to review more than 1000 applications of folks who at least meet the minimum requirements, to get to 160 - 165 who will come for an interview. From there we will seat a class of 80.

The offers for interviews will be sent out the first week of June, for interviews on July 15, 16, and 18.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how the "wave" of interviews works ? Do they already have a full list of interview offers or does it work similar to a wait list where if someone declines an interview it opens up a spot for someone else ? I have been obsessing (understatement) over the admission stats for the pass couple of weeks. Based on the stats it seems that they only conduct about 1/2 of the interviews that they offer. This is making me think that it does not work in a wait list fashion buuutttt reading some of the other forums responses has me unsure

Best of luck to everyone!!! ????

Does anyone know how the "wave" of interviews works ? Do they already have a full list of interview offers or does it work similar to a wait list where if someone declines an interview it opens up a spot for someone else ? I have been obsessing (understatement) over the admission stats for the pass couple of weeks. Based on the stats it seems that they only conduct about 1/2 of the interviews that they offer. This is making me think that it does not work in a wait list fashion buuutttt reading some of the other forums responses has me unsure

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Hi,

We do not have a wait list for interviews. We rank order all reviewed applicants and begin offering seats for interviews in waves. If someone declines an interview, it does open it up to someone else.

Sorry it is so stressful! But, I am sure you know that it is very competitive.

Interview offers will start going out by the middle of next week (June 1).

Good Luck! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Hey guys with interview offers coming out any day now I wanna wish everyone good luck, I am super nervous and excited at the same time hoping to get an interview here. Its been a really looooong wait lol

Welcome to the start of this crazy wild ride ! Here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived