2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I just submitted both the supplemental and primary application (already verified). Do you know when they start reviewing applications?

at an info session, i was told they don't start reviewing until March!

hang in there!! it's a long wait. i submitted my app november of last year, and got the "review" email in april i think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of applying once I complete the pre reqs in December but I don't have the strongly recommended 1,000 hours. Should I still apply?

I applied and I don't have them all currently, but I am also working part time as a CNA while finishing school, so I will definitely have them completed by the time the their program starts.  I think as long as you are still getting everything done by the deadline, even if the prereqs aren't currently complete you should still try.  Especially if you feel that the other aspects of your application are strong.

Just offering some clarification:

For SoFlo - our average accepted student has 2 or more years of healthcare experience. With really exceptional grades, you may score well with less experience.

For Cashlyn3 - we will not review applications that do not include a final grade in all 8 prerequisite courses by the application deadline (March 1). We compute a prerequisite gpa for everyone and it becomes an important basis for comparison of our applicants. So, applications with outstanding prerequisite courses will not be reviewed.

For Axf0893 - here at EVMS we do not request or consider GRE scores.

Our timeline is to review applications until late May 2016, invite 160 to 170 individuals (80 seats in the program) in early June for interviews that will occur this cycle on July 15, 16, and 18. Offers of seats in the class go out in early August for our class that will begin in January 2017 and graduate in May 2019.

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

I recently moved cross country with family, but grew up and lived most of my life in Virginia Beach! My dilemma is now that I am on the west coast I've applied to many schools out here that require deposits sometimes 1,000 per seat. I am worried I will get in here and have an interview for later at EVMS... does anyone else suffer this dilemma while applying to schools? 

So I've not had much success with other programs I've applied to, interviewed at two so far and waitlisted at one and rejected from the other, do you guys think it's too late to apply to this program? I'm worried about not getting in this semester, but I have accepted that most don't get in the first time.... I know their deadline is much later than most other schools and I more than meet their requirements. I wasn't sure if they're on rolling admissions or if they don't even review until the deadline.

So I've not had much success with other programs I've applied to, interviewed at two so far and waitlisted at one and rejected from the other, do you guys think it's too late to apply to this program? I'm worried about not getting in this semester, but I have accepted that most don't get in the first time.... I know their deadline is much later than most other schools and I more than meet their requirements. I wasn't sure if they're on rolling admissions or if they don't even review until the deadline.

I personally would go ahead and apply.  This is a really great program with fantastic facilities, faculty and students.  To my understanding they are not on a rolling admission, and only have a few days of interviews in July.  Good luck to you!

I applied last year in the middle of February and received an interview.  They don't review applications until after the March 1st deadline.  Good luck!

Did you get accepted into this program? I would love love love to attend here, I just hate the timing! Waiting for this program (especially if this is your last option) would suck and you can possibly be applying to the next cycle. Arghhh lol But I want to go here really badly, so I'll wait huff

Archived