Bonus structure in contract- What is common

Experienced PA, starting new position in Physical Medicine and Rehab--Pain Management with Interventional treatments.

Not sure how much of the hands on will be with the interventional portion.  Have experience.  What would be the typical Bonus structure on a practice setting like this?  Suggestions?

I have no idea what's typical.  I'm a new grad working in a similar job, though.  Year 2 for me is going to be 90 to 95k base + 25% of collections beyond 2 x base.  Hope that helps.

For geographical context, I will be practicing in the southeast.

here goes

you MUST have access to your receipts - anything short of this is a joke - MANDATE it in the contract

Pie in the sky, 50% of collections after 2X your salary

Good Deal

30% of collections after 2X your salary

still okay

20% of collections after 2X your salary

No good

No access to collections data

bonus based on clinic profit

bonus based on anything besides your collections (the only thing you can control is your work load)

• 1 month later...

Sorry,  I am not  understanding this.  What you guys mean when you are saying  #% of collections after 2X of your salary.  I work with physiatrist  as well. I get paid $95,000/yr with malpractice  and health insurances, and 1 wk paid vacation. I have worked there three full years now, but  not had any raise.  I am planning to ask raise. What is fair, I am in Virginia?  I do joint injections, trigger point injections, pain mangement with narcotic and  referals.  I see about 24 patiens a day.  Thanks

If you make a base of 95,000.  2 times your base is 190,000.  You would get a percent of collections in excess of this dollar figure.  But watch the wording on that type of bonus.  I had an employer offer me a bonus that was my collections times 40% and then was a bonus of anything excess of my salary doubled.  so if I collected 300,000, they took 40% or 120,000.  Their offer was a base of 80,000.  under their calculations I would never hit the mark.  Just watch the wording.

Currently we get a bonus based on RVUs.  They set a target and if we exceed that target we get $30 for each RVU over the target.  Its not great....

Sorry, I am not understanding this. What you guys mean when you are saying #% of collections after 2X of your salary. I work with physiatrist as well. I get paid $95,000/yr with malpractice and health insurances, and 1 wk paid vacation. I have worked there three full years now, but not had any raise. I am planning to ask raise. What is fair, I am in Virginia? I do joint injections, trigger point injections, pain mangement with narcotic and referals. I see about 24 patiens a day. Thanks

Tell me 1 week is a typo

If you make a base of 95,000.  2 times your base is 190,000.  You would get a percent of collections in excess of this dollar figure.  But watch the wording on that type of bonus.  I had an employer offer me a bonus that was my collections times 40% and then was a bonus of anything excess of my salary doubled.  so if I collected 300,000, they took 40% or 120,000.  Their offer was a base of 80,000.  under their calculations I would never hit the mark.  Just watch the wording.

Currently we get a bonus based on RVUs.  They set a target and if we exceed that target we get $30 for each RVU over the target.  Its not great....

What is a fair target (i.e. achievable) 

Archived