GPA Concerns While Applying

I am looking for a little insight about applying with a GPA that is a 3.4 and a science GPA a little lower than that. I feel like that is my lowest point in the application. I have good volunteer experience, working experience, and strong references. Is the lower GPA going to hurt my chances a lot?

I'm just concerned when I see a lot of other students with 3.7 or above.

I think that's right at the average or just below the average for most programs.  My school had a class average of 3.50 cGPA and 3.42 sGPA.  We have students in our class who had 4.0s and some with 3.2s.  All depends on your health care experience and how well you interview 

Guest Opie1210

I'm in the same boat as you. What scares me is I look at stats of some programs I'm looking into and average gpa of their classes are usually ~3.7. Mind you, I'm not looking into the very competitive programs. But it's good to see others say that is not always the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest concern you should have is delaying your application because of fear. Apply. You will get in. What do you have to lose? A few hundred bucks? That's pennies compared to the rest of your PA education. 

Archived