Low Undergrad GPA

Hi friends!!

My undergrad gpa is 3.27 with lots of W's and UW's (unofficial withdrawals). I had issues with depression and stress during my college attributed to the fact that I moved here to US from a country that was actively under war and I've seen some things that I would not wish on my worst enemy. I've started taking prerequisites and have about 45 credits in sciences with 4.0 gpa. What are my chances you think? I'm really worried sick that no one will take me as a student. Please help!!!

They are scattered all over unfortunately. I didn't know they were considered f's. And they are more than 1-2 actually try 3 times 2. I guess I'm doomed. I wish I was as serious a student then as I am now. What should I do? Should I retake them? Some I already retook and made A's on them. Some of them belong to my major in Prelaw that I officially hated and never did anything with that degree so that including my depression really messed me up.

Is your GPA 3.27 the way CASPA will calculate it? You may have to do some work after reading the FAQs to determine that, but if so, and those Ws are far enough in the past, they can be overcome -- mine were, and I had at least half a dozen Fs to go with them. I suspect that programs that place more emphasis on other parts of your application than GPA, or at least less on the GPA, would be better chances for you. You would have to do some research there to find which programs have considerable range in the class GPA stats (not a closely clustered mean). If other aspects of your application are stellar, a checkered academic past is not the norm, but it can be overcome. You do have to demonstrate, and articulate, that what led to the missteps is something you recognize and have overcome.

Archived