CASPA 2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For future interviewees:

Quinnipiac was a fantastic interview.  Great facilities, very friendly staff, very relaxed interview.  Applicants meet up in a lobby/lounge prior to the interview where bags can be stored, and breakfast snacks/coffee are provided.  Bring a pen (of course).  Don't go to the wrong campus!  The interviews are at the North Haven campus which has the health sciences building.  Google will give you the correct directions from the address provided in the email.  They will give you an individualized schedule when you get there, make sure to read it.

Hotels/motels in nearby Hamden are...how do you say...mostly avoidable.  The place I stayed at was endearingly referred to by a fellow applicant as the Bates Motel; noisy and dirty sums it up nice, and other hotels in the area have identical ratings/complaints on Google+ and Expedia.  New Haven has nicer (albeit more expensive) places to stay but expect a 20 minute commute without traffic.

As always, be yourself, know your own application and good luck.

This program is truly astonishing. The facility is amazing, the campus is beautiful, there are countless resources available to the students. The students and staff were very friendly. The students all seemed very close and spoke very highly of the program. I highly recommend going to the meet and greet if you can. My best advice is  come prepared and be yourself. Good luck to everyone!

For those of you lucky enough to have received acceptance to this school, how did they notify you? Call, email, letter? I am so nervous/exicited as I wait haha

@abrown9983, I know the waiting game is sometimes the hardest part. I was constantly checking my email the days after my interview, and after a while I willed myself to stop thinking about it (easier said than done!). I was contacted about my acceptance ~2 weeks after interview through email and was told a formal letter with more instructions would follow. Hang in there!

I was also very anxious and checking my email about a thousand times a day! I finally received an email about 2 weeks after my interview. A few days later I received my official acceptance packet and I have now made a deposit and completed the required forms. Some first year PA students mentioned they were informed a few days after being interviewed, while others were informed after months. Don't give up!

If you don't get the call, don't panic! It only means that you weren't an early invite. There will still be seats available after all the interviews are completed. Also, some of the brightest first years I've met

at the interview all told me that they were on the wait list, so hang in there! The outcome is still very promising!

Archived