CASPA 2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you heard anything from QU yet? Anyone else? Im still hitting the refresh button on my email every second...Anyone know how late you are able to get an interview invitation?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have not. If we haven't heard anything by now I'm assuming we aren't in first round of interviews, but I believe they invite based on when they received and verified the applications. I'm trying to not look too much into it (despite thinking this I'm constantly opening my email every few minutes lol). Good luck

just received a email today with more details

Congratulations to everyone on their interviews! I will be going to the interview on 9/25 and plan to attend the meet and greet the night before. Does anyone know anything about what will be happening on 9/24? I expected to hear about it by now.

Congratulations to everyone on their interviews! I will be going to the interview on 9/25 and plan to attend the meet and greet the night before. Does anyone know anything about what will be happening on 9/24? I expected to hear about it by now.

ERW93,

In the earlier e-mail I received from QU. It said to contact Joe O'Hala.  I believe he is the gentlemen putting the meet and greet together.  If you have a problem. PM me and I can give you his e-mail address.

Hi everyone.

I've come pretty close to losing hope. I was verified june 16th and I have not received anything since. I am seeing people get invites that were verified a month after me. Is this happening to anyone else on here?? Ive been rejected by five schools already and very discouraged. :(

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

I've come pretty close to losing hope. I was verified june 16th and I have not received anything since. I am seeing people get invites that were verified a month after me. Is this happening to anyone else on here?? Ive been rejected by five schools already and very discouraged. :(

Thanks!

zoe499, don't lose hope!  There is no rhyme nor reason to the entire interview process!  Every program and adcom have different criteria and timetables. I have a few questions for you: 1) Is this your first year applying?  Some applicants are on their 3rd and 4th year.  If becoming a PA is truly your dream then stay the course.  I don't think it will take you that long, but if it does so what??? In the end you will still be an awesome PA!  2)How many schools have you applied to?  Cast a wide net.  I have applied to 10 programs with a mix of 5 in the top 15 and the rest peppered beyond that! There is no gurantee, but i definitely increased my odds.  I have spoken with some other applicants and current students who have applied to over 20 schools.  I know this can get expensive, but it is still a lot less than 1 years deferment in salary.  3) Most importantly, have you contacted the schools "rejected"( btw, I hate that word. 'passed over" is better!) Many if not all schools will allow you to set up an appointment with an administrator to review your application. There isn't a better way to find out your weak points. Anyway, I don't have the answers, only suggestions.  I wish you well and please DON'T be discouraged!  I think there is a quote in the Bible that says, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a student to get accepted to a PA program."  Hang in there and dont give up!

JED617 I'm glad the interview went well for you. Did it wipe you out because it was a long and full day?

Honestly part of it was because I drove 2.5 hours that morning to get there! The interviews are in depth and there is a writing portion- I probably could've prepared better, but it's certainly nothing you can't handle!! They have food and coffee too :)

Archived