• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been accepted since Shenandoah got the approval for their new campus?

Just got accepted off the wait list for the Leesburg campus on Friday! 

Application submitted: 1/6/2016

Application verified: 1/6/2016

Called for interview: 1/8/2016

Interview date: 2/5/2016

Accepted: 4/15/2016

Can't wait to meet you all! So excited to be part of SUPA's Class of 2018! YAYYYY!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think it would be okay to rent textbooks via Chegg? Or will these books be used again throughout the program? I guess this is more of a question for current students. I hate having to try to sell back books as I can never get much back from them. Also, do they require us to purchase all of the medical equipment or can we use some of our own? Thanks!

As far as textbooks: For the summer, I would recommend renting the textbooks as these will not be used again throughout the program. For the fall and spring, however, I would recommend buying them. Though not all of them are used extensively, they are used throughout the whole program and will likely be good resources beyond graduation as well. However, I imagine a lot of people in our class will be selling some of our textbooks (as long as they are the same) to you all at a cheaper rate than you will find renting, so I would hold off until then. In a few weeks, you will be receiving an email with a google doc showing all the textbooks that are available for sale.

In terms of medical equipment: I guess it depends on which equipment you already have. For example, I already had my stethoscope and it met the requirements they had, so I didn't have to purchase another one. I imagine this would be the case with some of the larger equipment so long as they meet the standards required. They will go over equipment orders at orientation and you will have time (a few weeks, I believe) to ask questions and figure out what all you need before placing your order.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask whatever other questions you may have.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived