• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got my interview invite for Feb 5! Super excited! For all of you wonderful folks who have already interview or attend, what is the best way to get to my interview? I live in Florida (Go Gators)

I believe Dulles International (IAD) is the closest airport? It's at least an hour from there to Winchester. I would fly the day before, rent a car, and stay at a hotel nearby campus. Good luck!

Good morning!  This message is for the current students at SUPA... I'm trying to figure out child care for the summer session.  We are only scheduled for 4 credits (2 classes)... should I plan on being on campus from 8 - 5p each day?  or is it less time for the summer?  Are the times each day different? 

Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning!  This message is for the current students at SUPA... I'm trying to figure out child care for the summer session.  We are only scheduled for 4 credits (2 classes)... should I plan on being on campus from 8 - 5p each day?  or is it less time for the summer?  Are the times each day different? 

Thanks! 

Hey there! Sorry for taking forever to respond. I just started clinical year in January and the forum slipped my mind until today!

For summer it's 4 credits but it's 8 or 9am until about 3pm I believe (one class morning, one class afternoon). And I think you get either Mondays or Fridays off.

Once you get to fall, you need to plan on being in class 8am - 5:30pm every single day. The times can vary and you'll have a Google calendar you will watch fervently for any changes every single day (trust me - it could change with very little notice so you need to stay on top of it!) so there's a chance you'll have shorter hours in traditional lecture some days (sometimes you'll watch podcasts and you can do that at home), but for the sake of planning you should set up child care for at least a schedule of classes from 8 - 5:30 every day. Hope that helps you!!

Hey there! Sorry for taking forever to respond. I just started clinical year in January and the forum slipped my mind until today!

For summer it's 4 credits but it's 8 or 9am until about 3pm I believe (one class morning, one class afternoon). And I think you get either Mondays or Fridays off.

Once you get to fall, you need to plan on being in class 8am - 5:30pm every single day. The times can vary and you'll have a Google calendar you will watch fervently for any changes every single day (trust me - it could change with very little notice so you need to stay on top of it!) so there's a chance you'll have shorter hours in traditional lecture some days (sometimes you'll watch podcasts and you can do that at home), but for the sake of planning you should set up child care for at least a schedule of classes from 8 - 5:30 every day. Hope that helps you!!

Thank you so much for the info!  This is incredibly helpful for planning the summer.  Thankfully both of my kids are in school during Fall/Spring.  :) Good luck on your clinical rotations! 

I think I read somewhere that Shenandoah supplies students with iPads/Macs... (correct me if I'm making this up). Can any current students tell me, is it a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? And is the iPad the regular one or the iPad Air? Do we get the laptop/iPad regardless of whether we need/request them or not? My assumption is that these are already included in tuition...

Archived