Flying to an interview the same day?

Would it be completely stupid of me to fly the day of my interview? The flight (with a layover) should land at 9:45am, and I have to be there at 1:30pm. The total flight time + layover is under 4 hours. I was planning on going the day before but with work/class it's not an option :/

Can you talk with your professor or boss? I would try to explain to them the importance of the interview and your scheduling conflicts. I'm sure a professor would understand the matter unless there is a big exam. Like previous poster, I get super groggy after traveling..Don't know if I would run the risk of messing up a big interview. 

No late night flights are available :(... lab ends at 9pm.  I'll be there two days, the first one being a mandatory information session/tour, the second day is the actual interview. I'm already missing one lab for the actual interview day, if I fly the day before, I'd be missing two labs. Already talked to my professor about my situation-- no make up labs and no dropped labs. 

The school is a 20 minute drive from the airport. Guess I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed the day of my flight.

I understand the lab deal and this is actually pretty common. I had a few classes where this was the case and they were very strict about missing labs and would not have allowed me to miss one for an interview.

I'm sure you considered asking to reschedule the interview. This happens a lot and a program should be willing to do this (unless it's the last interview session, etc). Flexibility from both faculty and students is something that makes a PA program run much smoother.

Considering the circumstances, this is actually not a bad scenario. First flight out should get you an ontime departure. The only thing that would mess things up is a maintenance delay or cancel, which is less common than weather related issues, especially that early. The connecting flight might even be an originator or second flight of the day, so the chances for a delay are again low, however slightly higher than your first flight.

The one possible issue I see is that the connection time might be a bit tight. Depending on the hub, 30-45min is the bare minimum time to actually walk between two distant gates. Add in a short taxi or flow control delay and you'll be running. Be sure to bring a carry on and I wouldn't check a bag. There is also a later flight that would still get you in before the interview, right? No guarantee there's seats, but it's always good to have a possible out.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Archived