License Application - Traffic Violations?

I'll be graduating PA school in 5 weeks and I've recently landed a PA job that will send me trekking across the country to Southern California.  I've recently started completing my PA Licensure forms and have a question that maybe another PA has experience with...

Question 19 states to list "convictions.... This includes every citation, infraction, misdemeanor and/or felony, including traffic violations."  The Board also requires CERTIFIED copies of the records.  I've lived in multiple states and have accumulated maybe 2-3 traffic violations in the past 16 years.  I don't have my old drivers license numbers the forms request from assorted DMVs from other states (ie Michigan).

I plan on contacting various DMVs (Secretary of State) tomorrow but was curious if anyone else ran into this situation?  If so, what was the easiest route to accomplish this task?

Any input would be appreciated....

-Ben

19. For each conviction disclosed, you must provide CERTIFIED copies of arresting agency reports and CERTIFIED copies of court documents, including a plea form and court docket and a detailed written narrative description of the incident that led to the conviction. All documents will need to be provided directly by the issuing agency to the Board. If documents were purged by arresting agency and/or court, a letter of explanation from these agencies is required. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO INCLUDE ANY CONVICTION THAT HAS BEEN SET ASIDE AND DISMISSED OR EXPUNGED, OR WHERE A STAY OF EXECUTION HAS BEEN ISSUED. 19a. Have you ever been convicted of or pled nolo contendere to any violation (including misdemeanor or felony) of any local, state, or federal law of any state, territory, country, or U.S. federal jurisdiction? This includes every citation, infraction, misdemeanor and/or felony, including traffic violations. Yes No 19b. Is any appeal related to the above pending? Yes No 19c. Have you had any conviction expunged? Yes No 19d. Have you had any conviction dismissed? Yes No 19e. Was a stay of execution issued? Yes No If YES, give details below. Violation and Location Date Penalty or disposition

• 2 weeks later...

im in the same situation as the OP. but this is out of state where i was in for my pa program. i don't even have the documentation anymore.

on #19: it says " including traffic violation" 

so that means i have to get that traffic violation documentation? do i just call up my dmv for it?

thank you

I looked at California's site for this. All documentation must come from the law enforcement agency and must be sent from them to the board.  If you contact the agency and they no longer have any records of the matter, you must request that they send a letter to the board stating that fact.

I would recommend making a copy of the hard copy application with the page containing question 19 and sending it to the police agency when you politely email them about this issue. It's not that uncommon for agencies to occasionally get requests like this.

• 2 months later...

Archived