2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please guys don't be too high and mighty. There is nothing sacred about the interview process. If you were to interview at a place more than one time, and become familiar with the process the second round do you really think you have a better chance. There is nothing that says you cannot tell others about what was said during an interview. Do you really think the interviewers only have one set of questions for you?!? You cannot possibly be that naive.

bpace, good that you got accepted as did I but I chose to go somewhere else. In fact I was accepted at 4 different places. I have told applicants who applied to my university about my interview process there which is a different process than yours. Did you really not tell your friends and family about how your interview went? You are a hypocrite then.

So, remember everyone. an interview is just that, an interview. The interview will not change your GPA. The interview will not change your clinical expeerience. IT IS JUST an Interview....and if people like bpace think it is a sacred testament then let them live in their fantasy world. When you go to your interview, just be well prepared and act smart. If you don't say too many stupid thing and act and look confident, you will do fine. Knowing the process of the interview will only calm your fears a little. It will not make you or break you.

Hope this helps.

Congrats bbolderstill, you're truly a remarkable individual. Every school in the country wanted you.

It is important to keep the interview process "sacred" because it allows true competition. This is universal at any school.

Good luck to everyone, PAs are the best and should be kept as such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys,

I applied to LLU early in the summer. I had my interview yesterday and I was wondering if I could get advise on a question I had to answer. I will not give the exact question just a variation of it. The question was, " What would you do if your fellow MD was speaking poorly of a patient you both were treating( Ex: during surgery procedure while patient is under anesthesia)?Would you say anything to him or her?" How would you answer this question? All responses welcome, I simply want to know what others would have said for my peace of mind. Advise to all  who get an interview to LLU, know how to be a team player, listen before you respond, and know how you would carry out LLU's mission statement is your daily life and clinical practice. Even though your nervous don't ramble. Answer the questions to the best of your ability,adding extra words to your answer is not always the key to providing a good answer. Expect the unexpected at all times. 

as part of the Healthcare team everyone is responsible to follow a code of ethics. from the moment you are accepted into a healthcare program ( PA, MD, DO ) you are responsible and must follow these code of ethics. If the MD chose to violate the code of ethics they should be reminded of it. now that doesn't mean going from 0 to 60 in a blink of an eye . I suggest speaking to the MD in private and letting him know prior to contacting the supervising body. If he continues, contact the supervising authority.

I suggest reading the following book prior to Loma Linda interview. Loma Linda is a great school with an amazing group of faculty. Their interview was very thrilled and this book helped me alot. I will be attending Another school closer to home but Loma linda was one of my top choices if I hadnt gotten into my first 

http://www.amazon.com/How-Physician-Assistant-School-Interview/dp/0615480721/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447869636&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+ace+PA+interview

In my honest opinion, Nucmed gave the perfect response.  This is an ethical question and they want to see how you react when it comes to confrontation!  A tip I received from multiple people when it comes to ethical questions is that even though there are some questions that may, or may not have a right answer, the BEST answer is the one that follows the motto "Patient always comes first".  

Good luck!!!

In my honest opinion, Nucmed gave the perfect response.  This is an ethical question and they want to see how you react when it comes to confrontation!  A tip I received from multiple people when it comes to ethical questions is that even though there are some questions that may, or may not have a right answer, the BEST answer is the one that follows the motto "Patient always comes first".  

Good luck!!!

you know how I know you are from Vegas ? the motto of 'costumer is always right " lol 

Hi Coolinator, 

I interviewed 11/17 and have not heard anything yet. I was really hoping to hear something by today, but keeping my fingers crossed that I hear something tomorrow. Maybe the faculty hasn't had an opportunity to discuss our group yet. I can imagine their job is very difficult! Hope we find out soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats bbolderstill, you're truly a remarkable individual. Every school in the country wanted you.

It is important to keep the interview process "sacred" because it allows true competition. This is universal at any school.

Good luck to everyone, PAs are the best and should be kept as such.

Congrats, bpace...your hostility and sarcasm are duly noted.as is your intelligence. I am so glad someone wanted to accept you.   Congrats also on your duties as interview police.  Unfortunately since you are unable to refute my arguments you resort to your level of sophistication, belligerence and belittling.  Interviews my little friend are not used to amp up competition. Competition is limited to sports and games which an interview is certainly not.   It is simply a tool to find the best and brightest as well as those who are the most prepared. When you were applying I hope you prepared yourself for each interview.  If you had, perhaps you may have been accepted to more than one school.

I apologize to the applicants, this is clearly a distraction from what this thread is meant for. I clearly have my views on what an interview is used for, and so does this other person. Please continue to use the thread in a positive way. We are future PAs and are here for that. I have pride in Loma Linda. It's program is top notch, and is held in high regards throughout the medical community. Good luck! Feel free to ask questions you have

Based off of the Facebook Class of 2018 page, the class size of 36 appears to be filled. But on their website it says: "Interviews are conducted in January and February, and we inform every applicant of his or her status by the end of March."  Can anyone clarify whether or not LLU plans to send out interview invites for interview days in January and February? Or have they already filled the class for this cycle? Thanks!

Based off of the Facebook Class of 2018 page, the class size of 36 appears to be filled. But on their website it says: "Interviews are conducted in January and February, and we inform every applicant of his or her status by the end of March." Can anyone clarify whether or not LLU plans to send out interview invites for interview days in January and February? Or have they already filled the class for this cycle? Thanks!

The c/o 2018 FB page is currently mostly made up by c/o 2017 students who are available to help the incoming students with their transition into PA school. So no worries, there is still time. :)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Archived