2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone:

For those with interviews, would it be ok if you shared your stats? I'm trying to gage the selection process. Thanks and good luck in your interviews. I believe at this point you have a seat in the class already. Give yourself a pad in the back. You are definitely top of the line.

Hey Leothemailaman,

Cool name btw! I'll be happy to share my stats!! But be forewarned they are not impressive and I don't think I am top of the line as the others who have gotten interviews haha

Overall is 3.10

Science is 3.46

5 years as a scribe in an underserved community hospital where scribing actually first began.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

I came across these interview questions, however, not sure how reliable the source is.

http://www.mockquestions.com/graduateschool/Loma+Linda+University/Physician+Assistant/

Awesome, those are some good questions thank you for sharing that! It's study time haha

I believe my interview is 11 days after yours!

(Obviously not a play by play) but would you mind sharing some more tips once you've had the interview?

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to this program last year but decided to choose another program to attend.  Let me tell you about the interview process a little bit.  It is not so much different from some of the other programs. 

You will be interviewed by multiple groups of people.  Be prepared to be there most of the day until about 2 pm (if you go to the tour in the afternoon).  You will be interviewed with about 1 to 2 other candidates which is a tad bit nerve wracking since you know you are competing against them.  You want your answers to be smart and better than your competiion but at the same time you don't want to sound like a arrogant buffoon.

My first interview they asked the standard questions, why you want to be a PA, What do you know about the profession, what are your strengths, weaknesses etc.

The second part of the interview, as I recall they secretly gave me a picture and had me describe the picture to another candidate who tried to draw the picture based on my description.  I'm not sure what this shows but maybe something about my creativity?

About the interviewers, they were a different lot,

The program director is Gerald Glavez who is a white dude and balding.  He seems nice but I can imagine he is a very passive aggressive type so keep that in mind if you have him as an interviewer.

There was an Asian lady who I don't remember her name, Judy, I think.  She is very nice and professional.

I know a former chair of the department is a Latin lady who was also an interviewer.  Very pretty and very professional too.

There was also a lady by the name of Gina I believe.  Very pretty but talks like a bit of an airhead.  Figures too because I know someone in her class when she was a student who told me that she failed the PA certifying exam 3 times before she finally passed.  Pray that you get her as an interviewer because she probably won't give you much of a challenge.

Be nice to the secretaries because I think some of them will be part of the interview team too (or is that from a different program, LOL I don't remember now I had so many),

All in all it was an interesting experience.  Definetely not one of the more difficult interviews but not necessarilyt one of the easiest ones either.

Good Luck!

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to this program last year but decided to choose another program to attend. Let me tell you about the interview process a little bit. It is not so much different from some of the other programs.

You will be interviewed by multiple groups of people. Be prepared to be there most of the day until about 2 pm (if you go to the tour in the afternoon). You will be interviewed with about 1 to 2 other candidates which is a tad bit nerve wracking since you know you are competing against them. You want your answers to be smart and better than your competiion but at the same time you don't want to sound like a arrogant buffoon.

My first interview they asked the standard questions, why you want to be a PA, What do you know about the profession, what are your strengths, weaknesses etc.

The second part of the interview, as I recall they secretly gave me a picture and had me describe the picture to another candidate who tried to draw the picture based on my description. I'm not sure what this shows but maybe something about my creativity?

The program director is Gerald Glavez who is a white dude and balding. He seems nice but I can imagine he is a very passive aggressive type so keep that in mind if you have him as an interviewer.

There was an Asian lady who I don't remember her name, Judy, I think. She is very nice and professional.

I know a former chair of the department is a Latin lady who was also an interviewer. Very pretty and very professional too.

There was also a lady by the name of Gina I believe. Very pretty but talks like a bit of an airhead. Figures too because I know someone in her class when she was a student who told me that she failed the PA certifying exam 3 times before she finally passed. Pray that you get her as an interviewer because she probably won't give you much of a challenge.

Be nice to the secretaries because I think some of them will be part of the interview team too (or is that from a different program, LOL I don't remember now I had so many),

All in all it was an interesting experience. Definetely not one of the more difficult interviews but not necessarilyt one of the easiest ones either.

Good Luck!

Hello and thank you so much for letting us know about the process. Sure helps alot, hopefully it has not changed that much.

Have a great day!! :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to this program last year but decided to choose another program to attend. Let me tell you about the interview process a little bit. It is not so much different from some of the other programs.

You will be interviewed by multiple groups of people. Be prepared to be there most of the day until about 2 pm (if you go to the tour in the afternoon). You will be interviewed with about 1 to 2 other candidates which is a tad bit nerve wracking since you know you are competing against them. You want your answers to be smart and better than your competiion but at the same time you don't want to sound like a arrogant buffoon.

The second part of the interview, as I recall they secretly gave me a picture and had me describe the picture to another candidate who tried to draw the picture based on my description. I'm not sure what this shows but maybe something about my creativity?

The program director is Gerald Glavez who is a white dude and balding. He seems nice but I can imagine he is a very passive aggressive type so keep that in mind if you have him as an interviewer.

There was an Asian lady who I don't remember her name, Judy, I think. She is very nice and professional.

I know a former chair of the department is a Latin lady who was also an interviewer. Very pretty and very professional too.

There was also a lady by the name of Gina I believe. Very pretty but talks like a bit of an airhead. Figures too because I know someone in her class when she was a student who told me that she failed the PA certifying exam 3 times before she finally passed. Pray that you get her as an interviewer because she probably won't give you much of a challenge.

All in all it was an interesting experience. Definetely not one of the more difficult interviews but not necessarilyt one of the easiest ones either.

Good Luck!

Current student here. I have reported this post to the faculty at Linda Linda. This will most likely change the entire interview process. As a PA you need to learn about ethics, and that stuff like this is completely unethical and actually hurts the process of interviewing and accepting competent and trust worthy future PAs. And I would imagine the individual above was denied acceptance to our program. A current PA student would actually understand the importance of keeping the interview process sacred. Good luck to you all, I don't envy you after this :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused , I completely understand the ethic aspect and the fact that regardless of weather or not someone has gotten into the Loma Linda program, they should not be disrespecting the program process or the staff however after being in several interviews with multiple schools including an upcoming interview with Loma Linda , I don't recall any of the said programs discouraging the mention of their interview process or the questions. As a matter of fact few of the program's sent me emails explaining the step by step interview process for their program . Every interview will have questions about the ethic an the reasoning behind the applicants goal of becoming a PA so I'm not sure what the secrecy is ? I have been interviewed by the FBI field office for an agent position few years back and they had me sign a confidentiality form prior to the process so I understand them not wanting me to mention the process but none of the school has ever mentioned or asked for confidentiality form signed. Has Loma Linda asked anyone not to provide information regarding their interview process ?

Just finished the interview for 11/03.  Overall great interview process.  I would say in the beginning the stress level is medium, but as the day progress it gets more relaxed.  I would have to say that this interview was so far the longest process out of all the schools I had interviewed for.  Overall very warm and friendly faculty and staff, and they really want to get to know you.  Best of luck for all of you who have an interview soon.

I interviewed yesterday and got a call this evening and was offered a spot in the program! Can't believe it; so, so grateful and happy (: This was my second year interviewing at Loma Linda so it goes without saying that if you don't make it this year try, try again!

Nice! I received a call also but missed it, they left a voicemail around 5pm...I am assuming its to offer my seat?  Unless they called to reject me =[ I will have to call back tomorrow but I am ASSUMING its good news...however, i shouldn't assume, or should i? haha

Nice! I received a call also but missed it, they left a voicemail around 5pm...I am assuming its to offer my seat? Unless they called to reject me =[ I will have to call back tomorrow but I am ASSUMING its good news...however, i shouldn't assume, or should i? haha

Sam-sung! I got a call yesterday as well and I missed it but I just called back this morning and I was accepted into the program!! So excited and can't wait to meet our other classmates!

Good Luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Declining my seat guys so thats another open seat . I met a great group of candidates and made great friends during the interview plus Disneyland trip was definitely fun lol but Ive  already put down deposit at Touro  . Loma Linda is an amazing school with a very high respect among PA community so Good luck to the class of 2018 ! 

Declining my seat guys so thats another open seat . I met a great group of candidates and made great friends during the interview plus Disneyland trip was definitely fun lol but Ive  already put down deposit at Touro  . Loma Linda is an amazing school with a very high respect among PA community so Good luck to the class of 2018 ! 

That's so awesome you went to Disney! Congrats on Touro, we'll miss ya!

yes I had accepted the offer a while back but I had booked the hotel so I figured I make it a Disney trip lol I had fun at the school though !  Great Birthday gift for you though ;-)

I have kinda the same thing going.. I have a flight to Florida.. might skip an interview but check out the beaches? I can't decide haha!

And yes, seriously the best birthday gift of my life! (:

its always good to visit other schools. I wanted to cancel my interview when I was offered a seat at Touro which is 15 minutes away from my house but I was told its a good Idea to get an Idea of what other schools are like. I am glad I did it too. Just the fact I knew I was accepted already into my top choice Made the pressure of Loma Linda interview much less lol also realized my interview at Touro was much more laid back than Loma linda. Campus life is so much different as well. I did love the interview process at both places.   

its always good to visit other schools. I wanted to cancel my interview when I was offered a seat at Touro which is 15 minutes away from my house but I was told its a good Idea to get an Idea of what other schools are like. I am glad I did it too. Just the fact I knew I was accepted already into my top choice Made the pressure of Loma Linda interview much less lol also realized my interview at Touro was much more laid back than Loma linda. Campus life is so much different as well. I did love the interview process at both places.   

Hm very good points. It makes you that much sure you made the right choice! Congrats again!

Please guys don't be too high and mighty.  There is nothing sacred about the interview process.  If you were to interview at a place more than one time, and become familiar with the process the second round do you really think you have a better chance. There is nothing that says you cannot tell others about what was said during an interview.  Do you really think the interviewers only have one set of questions for you?!?  You cannot possibly be that naive.

bpace, good that you got accepted as did I but I chose to go somewhere else. In fact I was accepted at 4 different places.  I have told applicants who applied to my university about my interview process there which is a different process than yours.  Did you really not tell your friends and family about how your interview went? You are a hypocrite then.

So, remember everyone.  an interview is just that, an interview.  The interview will not change your GPA.  The interview will not change your clinical expeerience.  IT IS JUST an Interview....and if people like bpace think it is a sacred testament then let them live in their fantasy world.  When you go to your interview, just be well prepared and act smart.  If you don't say too many stupid thing and act and look confident, you will do fine.  Knowing the process of the interview will only calm your fears a little. It will not make you or break you.

Hope this helps.

Archived