2015-2016 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Quick question: do you have to say yes to the "are you willing to stop consuming alcohol, tobacco, and drugs?" question in order to be accepted? Has anyone been accepted without saying yes to this question? I am not an alcoholic or a meth addict but this seems kind of an extreme request. I dont think ill stop drinking for two years so do i just tell the truth or will that just kill my application cause i think this is kinda ridculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you also have to eat Kosher, swear off sex with animals and promise not to use offensive language? That would be tough. When you get old like me, you can see humor in the most pathetic things. Maybe they just want to know if you can handle rediculous questions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question: do you have to say yes to the "are you willing to stop consuming alcohol, tobacco, and drugs?" question in order to be accepted? Has anyone been accepted without saying yes to this question? I am not an alcoholic or a meth addict but this seems kind of an extreme request. I dont think ill stop drinking for two years so do i just tell the truth or will that just kill my application cause i think this is kinda ridculous.

As a current student, I can tell you that it IS a requirement and something you must abide by while you are in their program. So if you choose not to accept it on the application, I can only assume it will hurt and not help you. Loma Linda University is Seventh Day Adventist and they are very into living a healthy lifestyle (Loma Linda is the only "blue zone" in America. Worth a google). I am not SDA and I do not feel uncomfortable and they are accepting of all viewpoints. But they are definitely one of the stricter programs and you are expected to follow those rules. The upside is that you will be so busy and in two years it is worth it. :) And your patient population is extremely healthy and active.

I applied and submitted my sup application. Still waiting for my supervisor to fill out my last recommendation letter and still need to upload a photo. I am worried about my essay. I read over it again and it is not as good as I would like it to be. Hopefully I get an interview and nail that instead!

Current student here. If you have questions I'll try to answer them. I would advise you to not make light of their requests/requirements of standard of living. You will pray daily, attend chapel with them. I'm not SDA but I appreciate the professional nature of their program. Very very competitive to get in, and maintains very high respect in the medical community. It is a privilege to be accepted into this program. I heard that they have already received over 1600 applications this year which is about 100 more than last year. Only 36 spots are available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I heard that they have already received over 1600 applications this year which is about 100 more than last year. Only 36 spots are available.

Wow!  The competition is getting fierce these days.  I have heard that most other schools have received excessive amounts of applications this year as well.  I count myself lucky to be a part of this experience and hopefully a part of the growing PA profession as well.  It is a privilege. I haven't heard back from Loma Linda either, but I would be thrilled to get an invitation.  

Archived