Heritage University 2015-2016 Application Cycle

For those that will interview in the future: I interviewed on Jan 9th in the afternoon and was very impressed with the staff and students. For a small school they are able to pull resources in unconventional ways to make things work and at no time did it feel cheap or unprofessional. The drive from SeaTac that morning took about 2 1/2 hours and was beautiful. Other people drove in from Spokane and Portland. This time of year is a gamble and if you are like me and you can't give yourself a buffer good luck. That being said this was one of the only schools to offer a Saturday interview that facilitated my being able to attend. The staff here obviously has a pulse on real life and that people that work the 9-5 life have a difficult time making it on a weekday.

Something that was brought up by the current students that set this school apart for me was the fact that the school fosters a team work environment... They do things like not publicly displaying grades so the race to see who is best never starts. To me this is clutch because it will reduce or prevent information hoarding. I have seen it in some of the courses I have taken in the past. People feel they need a leg up so if they find a good study source they keep it to themselves.

If rural medicine is what you are looking for this college is right in the middle of it. Literally nestled in the middle of farmland this school is the spot.

For those that interviewed: You all are great people and I am sure the school is having a difficult time deciding who to accept. We had a wide variety of experience and quite a bit of diversity in our backgrounds. They told us before we left that we would receive a call for acceptance by Thursday or Friday the following week. I, like everyone else I'm sure, have been anxiously waiting to hear back and have not seen any new posts for those that have been accepted and the Facebook group still only has 8 members. Does anyone know where they are in the process and if the accept/ offer, wait list, rejection lists have been finalized?

I'm a current Heritage student in Class 2, and a faculty member told me on Wed that all of the seats for Class 3 have been accepted. I believe all of the phone calls were made on Mon the 11th. As for the waitlist though, that I don't know about yet. I can tell you though that there are several people in my class that were accepted off of the waitlist last year. So it's still possible! Things move as people are accepted to programs closer to home etc, so some of the seats that have been filled, may become available again. Good luck everyone!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard back about the waitlist yet? I still haven't heard back at all, but am hoping they're just taking their time with the waitlist.

Congratulations to those that got in! It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and I'm still holding out hope that I'll get waitlisted/admitted and I can see you all again in May.

Congrats to all of you who got in!! For those if you already thinking about housing I am in class 2 and took over the apartment of a class 1 student, I'm hoping to do the same for one of you. I live in a 2 bedroom in Yakima and plan to leave behind some furniture and books. Let me know if you are interested and I can provide more details. 

Also check out Castle Creek apartments and Glenmoor Green apartments. There's several people from our class that live at those apartment complexes right now.

Thanks @bleu! That's really helpful! 

If anyone in class 3 wants to share an apartment/house, I am looking at housing options and I would love to find a roommate! 

My email is kelleyhumphrey@yahoo.com

Let me know!

Hey @Bleu, 

We met briefly before the interview on the 9th. I also have 2 kids and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for a good place to live in Yakima. I have a couple other questions as well.  Would you mind emailing me?

ileycopeland@hotmail.com

Thanks

Archived