Heritage University 2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

I am also interviewing on Jan 9th!! I am planning on staying in Yakima. I was wondering if anyone is in the afternoon group and knows what time it starts?

I am currently scheduled for the 8 am, and looking at travel arrangements, but I am not sure when to expect it to be over. 

Hello Everyone!

I am also interviewing on Jan 9th!! I am planning on staying in Yakima. I was wondering if anyone is in the afternoon group and knows what time it starts?

I am currently scheduled for the 8 am, and looking at travel arrangements, but I am not sure when to expect it to be over.

The interview sessions are each half the day- so if you have the 8am interview, expect to be there until around noon. I believe the afternoon sessions start at 1pm.

Hi! I also have an interview on the 9th and would love to meet up before hand :]

Tara 

Hi Shea!

That sounds great.

Look forward to meeting you!

Kelley

Hey!

I also received an invite for January 9th and would love to join you guys on the 8th to meet everybody!

Shea

Thanks aj829! Cowiche looks really good!

We can plan on that and wait to make a reservation until a week or so before in case anyone else wants to join! So far its the four of us, correct?

Kelley

Happy Holidays! 

I also have an interview on the 9th! I believe I arrive later in the evening on the 8th. I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Safe Travels!

Hello,

First thank you for starting this forum. It has been very helpful. I have an interview this upcoming Saturday. Do you have any tips? Did you also have three parts to your interview? Did you have a writing portion. And if so what was that like and how did you stay calm. I am super nervous. Again thank you, for any advice you might send my way. 

Hello,

First thank you for starting this forum. It has been very helpful. I have an interview this upcoming Saturday. Do you have any tips? Did you also have three parts to your interview? Did you have a writing portion. And if so what was that like and how did you stay calm. I am super nervous. Again thank you, for any advice you might send my way.

Since PA school is a lot of work, I'm going to make you work for the answers to your above questions as well.....just read through the earlier posts in this thread and they will answer what you've asked above. :) There are similar questions to yours already with answers posted. And good luck on Saturday!

Hello all!

So I am flying to Washington tomorrow and I figured I should make a reservation for our meeting Friday.  From the previous posts I have 7 people who expressed interest, including myself that would make 8.  I will call Cowiche Canyon Kitchen and make a reservation for 8 people for 6pm on Friday.  I will make it under the name Heritage.  Does that work for everyone?  If that does not work let me know and I will change it.  Thanks guys!

-Aimee

Hello all!

So I am flying to Washington tomorrow and I figured I should make a reservation for our meeting Friday.  From the previous posts I have 7 people who expressed interest, including myself that would make 8.  I will call Cowiche Canyon Kitchen and make a reservation for 8 people for 6pm on Friday.  I will make it under the name Heritage.  Does that work for everyone?  If that does not work let me know and I will change it.  Thanks guys!

-Aimee

Aimee,

Thanks! That sounds perfect.

I will see you then!!

Kelley

Kelley and others,

UPDATE!  I called Cowiche Canyon Kitchen and they said they don't take reservations!  They told me to arrive 20-25 minutes early and wait it out.  So I figure I will try to arrive around 6 and get a table for 8.  I hope we can all find each other.  If anyone wants to text me when they get there, I will have my phone, 907-347-7184.  See you soon!

-Aimee

Thank you for starting the Thread. I will look under the MEDEX link for further info.

I was recently accepted to Heritage's third cohort. I am beginning to look into housing in the Yakima area. Do you know if there is any resource that allows students to coordinate living together etc? 

Thanks 

Wimmer

Hey guys, I interviewed on December 5th and was accepted to the third cohort. 

Looking forward to my classmates. 

I'm planning on moving up to Yakime from Eugene OR, and looking at housing options. Would anyone be interested in renting a bigger house with a handful or rooms? 

Thanks,

Wimmer 

Thank you for starting the Thread. I will look under the MEDEX link for further info.

I was recently accepted to Heritage's third cohort. I am beginning to look into housing in the Yakima area. Do you know if there is any resource that allows students to coordinate living together etc?

Thanks

Wimmer

Start a Facebook page for your class! :) Our class has one and a lot of people connected on there to find roommates last year.

Hey @Wimmer, jstarrs and I have started to look into starting a group on Facebook for the 3rd cohort. I think that may be one of the easiest ways to start connecting and discussing info like housing etc.

"Heritage PA class of 2018" is what I started to create but Facebook is requiring me to be friends (Facebook official) with at least 1 future member. After this point people should easily be able to search for the group and request an invite. If one of you could message me your Facebook name and/or email that'd be great! you could also search me on Facebook if easier Mike Valdez- michaelvbu13aol.com.

Hope the rest start to hear back from admissions soon, goodluck and stay positive!!

Hey @Wimmer, jstarrs and I have started to look into starting a group on Facebook for the 3rd cohort. I think that may be one of the easiest ways to start connecting and discussing info like housing etc.

"Heritage PA class of 2018" is what I started to create but Facebook is requiring me to be friends (Facebook official) with at least 1 future member. After this point people should easily be able to search for the group and request an invite. If one of you could message me your Facebook name and/or email that'd be great! you could also search me on Facebook if easier Mike Valdez- michaelvbu13aol.com.

Hope the rest start to hear back from admissions soon, goodluck and stay positive!!

I received my acceptance phone call yesterday! I do not have facebook though so I can't be apart of the group unfortunately! Can't wait to meet everybody!

Shea

For those that will interview in the future: I interviewed on Jan 9th in the afternoon and was very impressed with the staff and students.  For a small school they are able to pull resources in unconventional ways to make things work and at no time did it feel cheap or unprofessional.  The drive from SeaTac that morning took about 2 1/2 hours and was beautiful. Other people drove in from Spokane and Portland.  This time of year is a gamble and if you are like me and you can't give yourself a buffer good luck.  That being said this was one of the only schools to offer a Saturday interview that facilitated my being able to attend.  The staff here obviously has a pulse on real life and that people that work the 9-5 life have a difficult time making it on a weekday. 

Something that was brought up by the current students that set this school apart for me was the fact that the school fosters a team work environment... They do things like not publicly displaying grades so the race to see who is best never starts.  To me this is clutch because it will reduce or prevent information hoarding.  I have seen it in some of the courses I have taken in the past.  People feel they need a leg up so if they find a good study source they keep it to themselves. 

If rural medicine is what you are looking for this college is right in the middle of it.  Literally nestled in the middle of farmland this school is the spot.      

For those that interviewed: You all are great people and I am sure the school is having a difficult time deciding who to accept.  We had a wide variety of experience and quite a bit of diversity in our backgrounds.  They told us before we left that we would receive a call for acceptance by Thursday or Friday the following week.  I, like everyone else I'm sure, have been anxiously waiting to hear back and have not seen any new posts for those that have been accepted and the Facebook group still only has 8 members.  Does anyone know where they are in the process and if the accept/ offer, wait list, rejection lists have been finalized?     

Archived