2015-2016 application cycle

Hahaha lol no. This is my fourth and FINAL year applying. I have an undergrad GPA of 3.1 I have an undergrad science GPA of 3.09. I have a Master's in Medical Science GPA of 3.5. I have four years of EMT experience. I have had 2 interviews in 4 years. One rejection and one waitlist. And please don't say, "Have you thought about becoming a nurse" that is like asking a premed student who can't get into med school, "Have you thought about being a Vet". Unfortunately, alot has gone on in the healthcare department to make this profession so competitive, that people like me who would be truly great at this job can't get a shot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow. You're doing so good. If a PA is what you want to be then I would not dare to say be something else. This is my second time around applying. I am hoping I get in, otherwise I will be going out of GA for school. The PA I talked to told me to not just settle with schools in GA or the state you are in. Always go outside of the box. He applied 5 times before he finally got into one. I don't want to be a nurse, vet or even a dentist. I just want to be a PA. What are your alternatives?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha lol no. This is my fourth and FINAL year applying. I have an undergrad GPA of 3.1 I have an undergrad science GPA of 3.09. I have a Master's in Medical Science GPA of 3.5. I have four years of EMT experience. I have had 2 interviews in 4 years. One rejection and one waitlist. And please don't say, "Have you thought about becoming a nurse" that is like asking a premed student who can't get into med school, "Have you thought about being a Vet". Unfortunately, alot has gone on in the healthcare department to make this profession so competitive, that people like me who would be truly great at this job can't get a shot.

I agree with you. I work in a hospital now and healthcare is so competitive. No matter the area within. I just wish they could see pass GPAs and test scores. 

I agree with you. I work in a hospital now and healthcare is so competitive. No matter the area within. I just wish they could see pass GPAs and test scores.

For four years I have been applying all over the country. I wouldn't dare put all my eggs in one basket. Last year I got an interview at Nova Orlando and then was rejected. This year I got an interview at the University of Charleston West Virginia and was fake waitlisted (unranked waitlisted) I applied to 14 schools this year. Received 1 interview, 10 rejections, and waiting on 3 more schools to make their decision.

For four years I have been applying all over the country. I wouldn't dare put all my eggs in one basket. Last year I got an interview at Nova Orlando and then was rejected. This year I got an interview at the University of Charleston West Virginia and was fake waitlisted (unranked waitlisted) I applied to 14 schools this year. Received 1 interview, 10 rejections, and waiting on 3 more schools to make their decision.

Man I feel your frustration. I cannot imagine applying to all those schools and then not getting in. Well I just registered for their open house. I am going to get you some inside scoop when I go. It is next Friday. I hope they don't mind me wearing scrubs. For Uni of Charleston I would see if I can tour the campus and write a letter on what you liked about it and send it in. They may notice something there.

Man I feel your frustration. I cannot imagine applying to all those schools and then not getting in. Well I just registered for their open house. I am going to get you some inside scoop when I go. It is next Friday. I hope they don't mind me wearing scrubs. For Uni of Charleston I would see if I can tour the campus and write a letter on what you liked about it and send it in. They may notice something there.

Nah I not going to waste my time. Thanks for the inside scoop :) let me know what they say!

Nah I not going to waste my time. Thanks for the inside scoop :) let me know what they say!

Hi. I'd like to chime in on your conversation. It is very unfortunate that many PA programs initially screen out all those with low GPAs, but do not lose hope. It's going to take persistence, and if you don't get in this cycle, I pray you continue to fight through this adversity. I have heard people with low GPAs and test scores get into PA school. Make sure you're constantly evaluating your application and acknowledge what areas of your application is weak and work on those to improve. My GRE combined score is 297 and 298 (although my GPAs are stellar) but I thought I was going to be able to get into a program with a GRE score as low as that. I have been accepted into Nova Southeastern - Fort Lauderdale. One of my future classmates got accepted with a 3.3 GPA, 800 hours HCE and a couple hundred hours of shadowing. Admissions at Fort Lauderdale truly look at the applicant as a whole. Another girl I met got into PA school with about a 3.15GPA at a program in Kentucky. I have a friend who is now a PA. He finally got accepted on his third cycle and was the top of his class. Wonderful guy in general but an Incredible PA as I have seen him practice as a PA-S. I'm not sure if you're a part of the group already but there's a FB page called "pre pa rockstars." It's a community of aspiring PAs and PAs that are very encouraging and helpful. Keep your head up. When you get accepted somewhere, it's going to be even more sweeter because you've been through it all. Do whatever it takes to increase your chances of getting in and if that means contacting professors at the program to express your interest and stay in contact, do so. If you want it bad enough!

Definitely look at applying to even more schools, I did 23 or something this time around and finally got my in. 3.05 cGPA

I applied to many schools as well. 3.26 science GPA and 3.34 cGPA, with 3k+ health care hours. I definitely feel like it is super competitive. I only received one interview, but didn't get accepted. Haven't heard from any other schools to date. Still trying to figure out how to improve for the next round of apps. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So guess what guys!!! I got accepted to NOVA Orlando today!! It is right by my house. So if I were to get an interview here I will be turning it down. Goodluck everyone!!!

I've seen a lot of your post over the different forums and see how discouraged you were with the process. That Is So awesome!!! Great for you. Congratulations you truly deserve it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've seen a lot of your post over the different forums and see how discouraged you were with the process. That Is So awesome!!! Great for you. Congratulations you truly deserve it.

Thank you!!! This is my 4th year applying and I finally did it!!!!!

Thank you!!! This is my 4th year applying and I finally did it!!!!!

This is my second year of applying (haven't heard anything yet my first interview coming up at slippery rock!). My stats sound a lot like yours! I'm not going to give up!????

This is my second year of applying (haven't heard anything yet my first interview coming up at slippery rock!). My stats sound a lot like yours! I'm not going to give up!????

Keep improving and when it is your turn it will happen. You will get it! God is good!

So guess what guys!!! I got accepted to NOVA Orlando today!! It is right by my house. So if I were to get an interview here I will be turning it down. Goodluck everyone!!!

Oh yay congrats. You appreciate it much more. You've been through a long journey and you finally got was you longed for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived