2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone that already had an interview at the Georgia campus sort of explain to me how the day went? Also, the class starting in June 2016 will be the official starting class of the PA program at the Georgia campus right?

Yes, GA-PCOM's inaugural class begins this Summer 2016.

The interview day starts with introducing one another in a small conference room. They'll explain how the day will go (you will also get an itinerary in a folder provided). You'll take a tour of the building and come back to have either breakfast/lunch (depending on morning/afternoon session). While you eat, a faculty will present information about the program. After that, each individual will be interviewed by 2-3 faculty members. It takes about 30 minutes each individual. As soon as your interview is over, you can leave. They said it'll take 4-6 weeks to hear back via mail but I received my waitlist letter in 13 days.

Did they reply you? I have my references on CASPA and they haven't put "received" on the log in website. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I sent them an email saying that I have paid my fee and that it has been 15 business days and I was wondering if they could check on my letters. They emailed me back and asked if I paid my fee? I have had several issues trying to get a hold of the admissions team in this department. It is very unfortunate. I am going to try again on Monday to reach them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I sent them an email saying that I have paid my fee and that it has been 15 business days and I was wondering if they could check on my letters. They emailed me back and asked if I paid my fee? I have had several issues trying to get a hold of the admissions team in this department. It is very unfortunate. I am going to try again on Monday to reach them.

They're not very quick with responding if they even respond at all. I called because I had a question about the waitlist but the person who picked up couldn't answer my question. I was forwarded to someone else that didn't pick up, so I emailed them and never received a response.

Yes, GA-PCOM's inaugural class begins this Summer 2016.

The interview day starts with introducing one another in a small conference room. They'll explain how the day will go (you will also get an itinerary in a folder provided). You'll take a tour of the building and come back to have either breakfast/lunch (depending on morning/afternoon session). While you eat, a faculty will present information about the program. After that, each individual will be interviewed by 2-3 faculty members. It takes about 30 minutes each individual. As soon as your interview is over, you can leave. They said it'll take 4-6 weeks to hear back via mail but I received my waitlist letter in 13 days.

thank you!, I forgot to ask if we can bring someone along on that day? Or do we need to notify them ahead of time?

thank you!, I forgot to ask if we can bring someone along on that day? Or do we need to notify them ahead of time?

It is a very intimate and personable interview. I wouldn't suggest bringing anyone. If you must I would say have them stay in the car. Just be mindful that you can be there for up to 4 hours depending on when your interview find is. When is your interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a very intimate and personable interview. I wouldn't suggest bringing anyone. If you must I would say have them stay in the car. Just be mindful that you can be there for up to 4 hours depending on when your interview find is. When is your interview?

My interview will be January 20 at 1pm

My interview will be January 20 at 1pm

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking. When did you apply to PCOM? Trying to see when I would hear back or something.

So was your CASPA and everything was complete on their end around October 13th? You don't live in GA?

Their first "acknowledgment" email was what I got on the 13th. I had my Caspa finished since like June but it only took them like one day to email me, once I decided to add the school last minute. I live in Florida.

Hello Everyone! Can anyone speak to an earlier comment in this thread stating that PCOM was only planning on accepting 20 students for their first entering class? Has anyone else received this information? The odds become even more challenging if that is the case.

I read that the first class is 20 students from their FB page

I read that the first class is 20 students from their FB page

That is correct. At the open house and interview they verified this information. They plan to increase that number yearly but I believe they said they wouldn't exceed 40 seats total.

That is correct. At the open house and interview they verified this information. They plan to increase that number yearly but I believe they said they wouldn't exceed 40 seats total.

Wow that makes it even harder. Has anyone besides that one person get accepted yet?

Well my application online is finally complete, however, after reading on the forum they are only excepting 20 students I would have never applied. Usually new programs that only accept a few students are only looking for perfect GPA'S and test scores. My GRE is good my GPA is nowhere near perfect. I wish I would have known this before I wasted $125. Oh well I guess it is the luck of the draw. Goodluck to everyone interviewing I hope all of you get accepted somewhere!

Well my application online is finally complete, however, after reading on the forum they are only excepting 20 students I would have never applied. Usually new programs that only accept a few students are only looking for perfect GPA'S and test scores. My GRE is good my GPA is nowhere near perfect. I wish I would have known this before I wasted $125. Oh well I guess it is the luck of the draw. Goodluck to everyone interviewing I hope all of you get accepted somewhere!

Don't get discouraged. From what I hear they don't heavily weigh on your gpa alone. They look at you as a person. They don't even take our GRE scores. :( But at least you should have a good personal letter and recommendations showing who you are and what you are about.

Don't get discouraged. From what I hear they don't heavily weigh on your gpa alone. They look at you as a person. They don't even take our GRE scores. :( But at least you should have a good personal letter and recommendations showing who you are and what you are about.

Thank you for the encouragement but I have been at this application thing for a long time. Goodluck to you! I hope you accepted to your first choice.

Is this your first time around?

Hahaha lol no. This is my fourth and FINAL year applying. I have an undergrad GPA of 3.1 I have an undergrad science GPA of 3.09. I have a Master's in Medical Science GPA of 3.5. I have four years of EMT experience. I have had 2 interviews in 4 years. One rejection and one waitlist. And please don't say, "Have you thought about becoming a nurse" that is like asking a premed student who can't get into med school, "Have you thought about being a Vet". Unfortunately, alot has gone on in the healthcare department to make this profession so competitive, that people like me who would be truly great at this job can't get a shot.

Archived